Hundred-Sixteen

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I fell in love with his soul before I could even touch his skin

"I fell in love with his soul before I could even touch his skin."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          "OF COURSE not

"OF COURSE not." I said matter-of-factly. "Just because you are my mate does not mean you get a free pass to my 'bullying.' If anything, you'll be getting the brunt of it."

    Rhys gave me an unamused, narrowing his eyes half-heartedly. "That's not fair." he laid beside me, head propped up on his hand as he traced my body. His fingers trailing across my skin in languid movements.

    "Sucks to suck."

    There was a rustling movement and suddenly Rhys was above me, a feline smirk on his face as he cocked his head. His hands were braced on either side of my head, a challenge on his face.

    A hand lifted, and Rhys ran a finger through my hair, his gaze tracking the movement of his own hand. And then his eyes met mine, lust shining in those violet depths.

    I met his stare with the same fervor, "Are you trying to seduce me, Rhysand?"

    "Would you like me to seduce you?"

    My lips curved upward, "Possibly." I said, leaning up to him so close our breaths mingled, "But if you think it's going to win you any favors when it comes to demolishing your enormously large ego, you are sorely mistaken."

    Rhys rolled his eyes, lowering his arms so that he was on his elbows. Our faces nearly touching. "I think," he said, leaning in so that his head was nudging the crook of my neck. "I fell in love with you the moment you called Amarantha a hot-headed troll. Or maybe the moment you threatened me."

    "Which time?" I asked, "I do it quite frequently."

    He chuckled against my neck, the sound reverberating against my skin as he placed a featherlight kiss there. My hands reached up to his arms, gliding along them as he pressed kisses all the way to my temple before pulling back. I watched him roll his eyes, "The day you threatened to chop off my hands." he clarified, "It reminded me so much of Cassian. For the first time in decades, I wanted to laugh."