Ninety-Six

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Two souls don't find each other by simple accident

"Two souls don't find each other by simple accident."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        RHYS LED me to a small private balcony jutting out from the upper level of the House of Wind

RHYS LED me to a small private balcony jutting out from the upper level of the House of Wind. On the patio below, the music still played, its melody floating up from the ground to us as though it were on a cloud. People still danced, stars still flew by faster than ever, close and swift.

    He let go of me as I took a seat on the balcony rail, my eyes immediately widening as I observed the drop below. Clearing my throat, I got down and backed away a healthy step. Heights? Who knew.

    Rhys chuckled, "If you fell, you know I'd bother to save you before you hit the ground."

    "But not until I was close to death?"

    "Maybe."

   A light chuckle. "I'm sure." I placed a hand on the railing, peering at the stars as the whizzed past. The night sky lit up so brightly,

    "About what I said," Rhys began and I looked over, "I'm sorry. I meant it more about myself than I had you."

    I hummed as I looked back to the bright sky, "You were right, though." I said, my voice quiet but strong, "I was mad because you were right."

    The truth, the bare truth. I wasn't mad about why had said it, or the fact he had apologized sooner. I was angry because everything that he had said was true. Each and every sad part of it.

    You hide behind a mask. You let no one in. How could you? What if they saw everything, and still walked away? Who could blame them—who would want to bother with that sort of mess?

    My world was twisted and turned. Warped so many times my reality had become a muddle of thoughts and feelings I had no idea how to navigate. I think I lost that ability a very long time ago.