Ninety-Five

[Dani's Starfall dress]

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"He saw her before he saw anything else in the room

"He saw her before he saw anything else in the room."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

            I GAPED at myself in the mirror as the sun began near the horizon, the sky darkening ever so slightly as it filled with brilliant warm colors

            I GAPED at myself in the mirror as the sun began near the horizon, the sky darkening ever so slightly as it filled with brilliant warm colors. The gilded light of that star hanging low in the sky casting a sort of air around the room as I studied myself. An air of light. An air of confusion as it was odd to see what stared back.

The dress that clung to my body was like nothing I'd ever worn before, I doubted I'd wear anything like it again. Everything about it was something I had merely dreamed of.

Crafted from such a weightless fabric that it felt as though I was wearing nothing at all. Soft and silky. The dress itself was a snowy white with accents of gray so deep I swore it was nearly a blue. The sleeves were sheer, decorated with small gems and petite patterns before they cut off at the shoulder, leaving my skin partly bare.

But it truly was the bodice that made it outstanding. Decorated with the smallest of white and gray jewels, splayed out in a diamond pattern. Almost like shining stars. At the top, just below my collarbone, the pattern trickled away as though it were fading into my skin and revealing everything that lay there.

At my shoulders lay a cape of sorts. Crafted from that same sheer fabric, only visible because of the white, star-like figures that danced along it. The cape pooled at the floor creating a flowing trail that followed me. The bottom of the dress broke away into blue gray diamonds, larger versions of those on the bodice and yet it was quite subtle.

Standing alone in my bedroom, I thought that I might have looked like a fallen star.

I had brushed my cheeks with a light blush, decorated my lips with a soft pink and lined my eyes with a barely visible kohl.