Twenty-two

I couldn't move. I was paralyzed in the face of my fears. It felt like my body was beyond my reach and all I could do was keep myself conscious as I stared at the stone walls of my cell.

    I registered the dust that coated the floors and dirtied me. The darkness I'd cocooned myself in seemed to suck the air from me at every chance it got, never giving me a moment's reprieve. Black spots permanently dotted my vision and my mind could barely form coherent thoughts with all the panic that ran through.

    I could never escape my darkness. My evil. Me. Every atrocity and stain that marred my heart finally took me.  This darkness was where I belonged. The darkness forced my lungs to collapse and my mind to turn against me.

    I belonged in the shadows.

    Something jangled and I wondered if the guards had come back. I couldn't see through the shadows, I wasn't even sure if my eyes were open. The door clanged open followed by a small, almost undetectable gasp. The footsteps that approached were rushed. Frantic.

    Maybe it was Feyre.

    At the edge of my mind, I heard the person say my name. And yet I was so consumed in my cycle of agony, I just didn't care.

    I hoped they left me there. I deserved to rot in the darkness.

    The person's hands were on me, and I was nearly positive I began screaming. The voice shushed me. But I didn't listen.

    I couldn't stop screaming.

    I forgot how to breathe through the shadows once more. Air was all around me and yet it was gone.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    Sun hit my face but I didn't open my eyes. I was in a state between consciousness and oblivion.

    There was a rustling, followed by a low growl as I was passed from one person to another. Warmth engulfed me once more. I rustled in the person's arms, immediately whimpering at the soreness in my limbs from only the Mother knows what.

    Hot breath hit me as the person tensed.

    Their voices spoke around me and yet it all sounded muddled in my mind. The only thing I understood was a male voice saying my name over and over.

    The world was swept from my already shaky limbs as the sun disappeared and the darkness came again. Wind swept all around me and I swore time failed to exist.

    The world came back. Cold air hit me.

    And everything stopped.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: ahhhh, everybody's comments are giving me so much motivation! thank you guysssss