Ninety-Two

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Forbidden things have a secret charm

"Forbidden things have a secret charm."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

           A TUG on my chin, and I rose to my feet steadily

A TUG on my chin, and I rose to my feet steadily. Rhys dragged his eyes over me, roving over every inch of my body as he took in my appearance. The smug and dismissive air I had cast around myself. I was forced to wonder if it was truly all for show as his eyes glazed a bit.

    He led me a few steps onto the dais—to the mighty throne. He sat, smirking faintly at his monstrous court. Owning every inch of the throne. Of these people. A cruel and unfeeling King and his smug harlot. What a pair.

    With a tug on my waist and one graceful motion, Rhys perched me on his lap.

    And I found that I did not mind in the slightest.

I situated myself, draping my limbs over his body and splaying myself across the throne in a way that accentuated every dip and curve of my lengthy limbs. My soft skin, the glittering fabric I wore, the wave of my hair, the white diadem resting atop my head.

At least I was a luxurious whore.

    The part I had to play; the role I had taken. Rhysand's whore. Who I had been under the mountain. Who the world expected me to be. The dangerous new pet that Mor's father would now seek to feel out.

    For the moment, I did not mind. Let them stare; let them wonder. I was a true mystery, a woman from Spring Court turned to the dark side with her traitorous sister. I did not care a lick about their indiscreet whispers.

    After all, I was the one on the throne. Not them.

    Rhys's hand slid along my waist in a fluid movement, the other running down my exposed thigh. Cold—his hands were so cold I forced down a reaction. As though his veins had turned to ice altogether.