Hundred-Twenty

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You can call me monster

"You can call me monster."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    TWO DAYS passed

    TWO DAYS passed.

    Two days of waiting and watching and helping Amren decode the Book even when she started cursing at me for nagging on her.

    Rhys and Mor had left in the early afternoon to visit the Court of Nightmares—to return the Veritas to Keir without his knowing, and to ensure that the Steward was indeed readying his forces. Cassian had reports that the Illyrian legions were now camped across the mountain, waiting for the order to fly out to wherever our first battle might be.

    And there would be one. The realization had set a sick weight on my mind all day. Another war. More battle. More bloodshed. More bloodlust.

    Even if we nullified the Cauldron using the Book, even if I was able to stop that Cauldron and the Kingvfrom using it to shatter the wall and the world, he had armies gathered.

    There was no word from my sisters, no report from Azriel's soldiers that they'd changed their minds. My father, I remembered, was still trading in the continent for the Mother knew what goods. Another variable in this.

    There was no words from the queens either. It was of them that I frequently thought. Of the two faced, golden-queen who held such a stark resemblance to my friend—to Astrid. And the fact that she did not just have a lion's coloring, but a lion's heart, too. That I admired.

    Part of me hoped I saw her again. Part of me loathed the idea.

    With Rhys and Mor gone, Cassian, Azriel, and Feyre came to stay at the town house—Feyre and I hold up in my room and giggling like we used to. Mainly making fun of everyone. Cass and Az mainly planned for our inevitable visit to Hybern and I tried to butt in when I could. Tried, being the key word.