1

It's been 6 years since BBM lost the elections for Vice president. Since then, he focused on helping other people as a regular citizen of the country. From time to time, he also creates Youtube content to discuss relevant issues. He enjoys his life now, with less stress, less criticism, and besides, what else could he ask for? He has Liza, his understanding and kind wife, Sandro, his intelligent firstborn, Simon his CEO son, and lastly, there's Vinny the bunso, and the cutest and kulit of all. For him, this is the life he wants to live now or so he thought.

Liza: Hon, that smells good! What are you cooking?

Bong: Well, I thought we should celebrate since Vinny graduated with honors! So I'm cooking my favorite Kare - Kare ala Bonget! (With a big smile on his face)

Liza: That sounds great hon, but you know naman, I hate that dish. Can we just order something else? ( Liza jokingly rolled her eyes)

Bong: Yes ma'am I know na ako lang mahilig sa kare - kare in this household. Let's order then. How about pasta?

Liza: Yes please! I've been craving Italian pasta for days now. Thanks, Hon!

Liza happily went back to the living room and sat on the sofa while watching some docu-series.

BongBong smiled at his wife but deep inside he felt a little hurt. He thought Liza would appreciate him cooking for the both of them. After all, they have all their time together especially now that they are empty-nesters since their children now live in London.

Bongbong thought to himself:
"I'm supposed to be living my best life, away from the spotlight pero bakit parang may kulang pa din?"

He quickly got back to his senses when he heard the fire alarm go off.

" Oh God! Nasunog na yung niluluto ko!" He exclaimed.

He quickly picked up the fire extinguisher to put out the fire. Liza rushed to the kitchen and saw the mess.

"Oh my God Hon, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm good hon, it's a good thing na napatay ko agad yung stove, kung hindi baka nagkasunog pa dito." He answered.

"Ok lng yan hon. Let's call yaya nalang to clean up."

Bongbong nodded his head. He is quite annoyed na nasunog yung Kare kare nya. He really missed eating the dish since matagal na nya itong di natitikman.

" Hey!" Liza snapped her fingers in front of Bong's face. "Ano ba nangyayari sayo at bigla ka nalang natutulala jan?"

"Ay wala to hon, I think I just feel tired." He said.

"Let's go to the main dining room na, I think the pasta is here!" Liza excitedly went to the dining room. While Bongbong stared at her as she was happily making her way to the table.

"Liza ... She's the woman of my dreams.. cute, nice, and bubbly. I love her but why does it feel like our lives became a routine? I guess this is how it is when you're getting older. wala ng butterflies, companionship nalang". He thought to himself.

After eating dinner, Bong and Liza went up to their bedroom to rest. Liza was laying down on the right side of the bed reading a book while Bong is on the left side watching TikTok videos with his earphones on.

He is still amazed by this Tiktok thing as it has a lot of content from funny, educational, name it they have it. Bong didn't notice that it was already 1 am and his wife was already fast asleep beside him. He stared at Liza and kissed her lips goodnight.

It was a cold rainy night. He grabbed their shared blanket and laid down facing the opposite direction. He thought to himself:

"Tumatanda na tlga yata ako, sa lamig nato, when we were younger, di ko na patutulugin tong si Liza. Baka wala na tlga! di na gumagana itong aking secret weapon" He giggled.

Natawa din sya sa mga 1am thoughts nya. "Makatulog na nga." he said to himself then he slept.