52

In Davao City...

It's 1 am.

After the party, Sara and Mans were so drunk that they decided to go home right away.

Sara was tired and drunk so she went straight to the bedroom to rest.

As she was about to lay down, she got surprised when Mans suddenly hugged her from behind.

"I missed you so much My...You know, when I was in Singapore, I thought of you every day." He said in a serious tone.

Sara couldn't believe what she just heard.

Mans never really talks about his feelings for her. Pag magkasama sila, lagi lang sila nag aasaran but they never talk about their relationship.

She was about to respond to what he said, but he continued talking.

"I know we always say that we just married each other for convenience. But.....I really love you, Sara. I loved you from the day we met in Elementary school, and I never stopped loving you until the day I became your husband...Please open up your heart to me." He said with extreme sadness in his voice.

Sara was so surprised that she couldn't speak.

All these years, she always thought that Mans never loved her as his wife. She always thought that he only saw her as his best friend nothing more, nothing less. And they never really spoke about it.

As soon as she heard him, she felt guilty about what she had been doing behind his back.

The truth was, she never really gave their marriage a chance because she always thought that he didn't have feelings for her.

But with this revelation, she felt confused and her heart started hurting for Mans.

"Ano ba tong ginawa mo Inday? You just cheated on your husband who loves you dearly" she said to herself while nagpipigil ng iyak.

Mans slightly released Sara from his hug and gently touched her cheek before saying

"Please try to love me too." His voice filled with love and sincerity.

Sara didn't know what to say. She just stared at the man in front of him. Her mind wanted to say Yes but her heart didn't.

Mans looked Sara straight in her eyes as he moved his face closer to hers and kissed her.

It was a kiss full of longing. She wanted to return the kiss but she couldn't.

For her, there was only one man she wanted to kiss for the rest of her life and that was Bongbong.

Mans' kisses started to go deeper as he held Sara by her waist using one arm, while his other hand, was trying to unbutton her blouse.

In the back of her mind, she wanted to give him a chance and just forget about Bongbong.

She closed her eyes to try and feel Mans' touch but when she did, the first thing that she saw in her mind was Bongbong. His smile, the way he looks at her, the way he talks to her, and the way he made love to her.

"But where is Bongbong?" she thought to herself as she remembered the scene she saw on the video. He looked so happy without her that she started to ask questions in her mind.

"I thought you love me? I thought you will wait for our time? I thought you meant every word you told me? How can you be so insensitive? How could you do this to me mahal?"

Tears began falling from her eyes when she realized that no other man can make her happy and extremely sad at the same time but Bongbong.

As soon as she realized it, she pulled away from Mans.

Mans looked at his wife full of concern when he noticed that tears were running down her face, then he said

"It's okay My.. don't cry... I'm sorry for trying..." he said with the softest tone.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to" she responded as she looked at him.

" Hush now, It's okay. I can wait. Just take your time...I'm sorry din kasi binigla kita. I was holding this back for years and maybe the liquor just made me confess."

Before she can say another word, Mans held her hand and said

"I promise I will not stop loving you until you feel the same for me." He said with the sweetest tone as he wiped her tears and gently planted a kiss on her cheek

"Tara let's sleep na. You sleep here, I'll sleep on the other bed. Goodnight!" He said with a tiny smile on his face.

To be honest, he was deeply hurt by Sara's reaction but he is determined to wait until his wife finally learns to love him. No matter how long it takes, kahit masakit.

After that scene, they lay down on separate beds. Sara looked at Mans as he turned his back and thought to herself.

"I'm sorry Mans but I can never love anyone the way I love Bongbong. It hurts to see him happy with someone else but at this point, handa na akong masaktan. Kahit hindi niya na ako mahalin. "

Sara was in so much pain. All her life, ngayon lang siya nagmahal ng ganito at ngayon lang din siya nasaktan ng ganito but it still doesn't change the fact that Bongbong was the only man she's ever loved."

She was willing to love him. Kahit hindi tama, kahit mahirap even if it means loving him from afar.

She was trying to fight the thoughts running through her mind.

At that moment, she was almost convinced that Bongbong still loves his wife and that all the promises he made were just out of temporary pleasure.

However, a part of her was still hanging on.

She then took the necklace that Bongbong gave out of her pocket and held it on her chest as she whispered.

"Mahal, where are you? Do you miss me too? Why are you doing this to me? Did you really even love me?"