7

After dancing, Bongbong and Sara went back to their seats.
They were still sitting beside each other as they continued drinking and talking about how Sara is running Davao City.

"In all fairness mayor, ang disiplinado talaga ng mga tao sa Davao. When I went there years ago, mejo magulo pa but look at the place now.. Iba talaga ang..." Bongbong was not able to finish what he was saying when he felt Sara's head falling on his shoulder. Nakasandal to sa kanya at mukhang nakatulog na. He heard a soft snore coming from her.

"Aba! Tinulugan na ako ng partner ko at nahilik pa talaga!" he said out loud sounding amused.

He let Sara rest her head on his shoulder for awhile while he was finishing the bottle of wine. He hurriedly drank everything kasi mejo nangangawit na din balikat nya at kanina pa nakasandal si Sara.

Bongbong tried to move Sara's head away from his shoulder para sana tulungan itong tumayo papunta sa bahay.

He lifted Sara's head and said "Mayor Duterte, let's go back to the house".

Sara let out a small "mmmmm" sounding like she agreed even though her eyes are still closed.

Bongbong was about to stand up when Sara held on to his waist and positioned herself to hug him. By this time, nakayakap pa din si Sara kay Bongbong ng mahigpit habang nakaupo sila. Bong felt tipsy na din kasi minadali nyang ubusin yung laman ng wine bottle para makabalik na sana sa main house.

He couldn't stand up na nakakapit si Sara ng mahigpit sa kanya. Baka matumba pa sila pag pinilit nya kasi mejo nahilo na din siya. He was left with no choice. He just rested his back sa cottage bench kung saan sila nakaupo.

Sara then adjusted her hug. Her arms are in Bongbong's waist while she rested her face on his chest. She was also murmuring gibberish words as she rested. "Bakit ba kasi di kita magawang mahalin?....Mans..." She said softly then fell asleep.

Bongbong heard what she said and wondered "Sino si Mans? Husband nya? Di nya mahal? Hay naku! Bonget! Nakiki marites ka pa lasing na nga yung tao" he laughed at his own thoughts.

Since nakayakap si Sara sa kanya, he just went ahead and placed his arms around her. Nangangawit na din kasi sya.

He was staring at the stars for a while trying to make sense of what he was feeling. He took a quick glance at the sleeping Sara and said to himself

"This is nothing.. lasing lang to and she needed company. Pero bakit ambilis ng tibok ng puso ko? Last week lang I was admiring her on TV, at ngayon andito na tulog sa dibdib ko. What are you doing to me? You know I can't fall for someone else, especially my VP.

He closed his eyes and felt Sara's warm embrace. For the first time in years, he felt happy. That's what matters! he thought and he eventually fell asleep too.