53

It's been a week since Sara and Bongbong spoke.

Since they parted ways in Bukidnon, hindi na sila nakapag usap.

There were many times na gusto nila tumawag sa isa't isa but unfortunately, something kept them from doing so.

While they were apart, Sara focused on her duties as Mayor, while Bongbong also kept himself busy while he was in London.

Then the day of the proclamation rally came.

In the venue, the organizers set up separate rooms for the candidates.

1 big room for the President and VP along with their staff, and 1 for the senators.

The night before, Bongbong could no longer sleep in anticipation of seeing Sara and to talk to her.

He decided to go to the venue early along with his staff.

They were patiently waiting na dumating yung ibang candidates so that they could start the program. Mejo madami na din kasing taong naghihintay sa loob ng arena.

They were supposed to come up on stage by 6 pm but Bongbong arrived as early as 4 pm.

5:45 PM

Bongbong was staring at his watch. Until now, hindi pa din dumadating si Sara.

Worried that something bad might have happened, he asked one of his staff.

"Wala pa ba si Mayor Inday?" he asked

"Ay Sir, wala pa po pero yung ibang staff niya nasa labas na." the staff answered.

When he heard that, he felt nervous. Knowing Sara, it's not her usual to be late lalo na kung alam niyang importante ang gagawin niya for the day.

He was pacing back and forth when the same staff came back and approached him.

"Excuse me, sir, we just got an update about mayor. Nasa Davao pa daw po pero papunta na. Hinatid pa ata daw yung husband niya sa kabilang terminal"

His heart dropped when he heard it and he began to think.

"Tama ba ang hinala ko? Did she give her husband a second chance? Please mahal no..." So many things were running through his mind.

As soon as he heard it, all the pain and hurt he felt when he saw Sara with her husband on that Facebook live came back. He knows that what he's feeling right now is beyond jealousy.

He was broken.

6 pm...

Wala pa din si Sara. All the candidates, including Bongbong were advised to come up to the stage as they were introduced by the host.

After the introduction, the 12 senators started to give their speeches one by one.

As they settled in their seats, di pa din mapakali si Bongbong.

He kept glancing at his wrist watch.

He was feeling so down but he tried to calm himself by rubbing his knees.

Then suddenly, the host spoke.

"Andito na po ang kanina niyo pang hinihintay.. Ang agila ng Davao..... Mayor Inday Sara Duterte."

Everyone stood and the crowd began to cheer.

"Duterte! Duterte! Duterte!"

When Bongbong heard it, he immediately turned his head to the side of the stage where Sara will be coming out.

He honestly doesn't know what to feel. He wants to see her badly but he was also teriffied on what she might say to him.

He was afraid that she would end their story.