47

7am...

Sara woke up to the sound of Bongbong's ringing phone. She tried to wake him up but he was still sound asleep.

She looked at his phone to see who was calling and to her surprise, it was an incoming video call coming from his son Vincent.

"Mahal.. mahal wake up Vincent is calling you" she said as she was shaking Bongbong's shoulders.

As soon as he heard his son's name, he quickly stood up from the bed and fixed his hair.

"Excuse me mahal, I need to take this baka importante" He said.

"Sure, go ahead." Sara said as the phone kept ringing.

Bongbong was still very sleepy when he stood up. So sleepy that when he was about to cancel the call to step outside first, he accidentally answered it.

He was shocked when the other person on the line spoke.

"Hi Hon! Good morning I miss you" It was Liza. Calling from Vincent's phone.

Sa sobrang gulat niya, he answered her quickly without thinking straight.

"Hello Hon! How are you?" As soon as he realized what he just said, nanlaki ang mata niya at bigla siyang nagising.

Sara was in front of him looking so shocked with what she just heard.

Before Bongbong could react, Liza spoke again.

"Hon, we need you here please. Vinny is acting crazy. His girlfriend left him and he is not thinking straight. He doesn't even want to eat anymore. I think he needs us. And besides, we just had our anniversary pero we didn't bond that much because of your upcoming campaign. Why don't we have some kind of a honeymoon while we're here, you know I kinda miss that thing that we used to do a lot" she teased while sounding kinikilig.

Bongbong was speechless. He was caught off guard by what Liza just said. To make it worse, Sara was in front of him.

He was about to turn off the call when Sara quickly stood up from the bed and went outside the room.

"Hon? What's with the face? Where are you ba?" Liza asked.

" Sorry Hon I need to go. I'll explain later. He said as he immediately dropped the call.

He ran outside the room to look for Sara.

To his surprise, she was casually drinking coffee near the counter top.

"Mahal, I'm sorry, It was an accident I didn't mean to answer the call in front of you" he said in a very apologetic tone.

"It's okay. I guess you have to go there for Vinny and for other things. Don't mind me." She said with a cold tone.

"So tara na? I have important things to do at City hall today."
She said as she walked past Bongbong heading to the bedroom.

Bongbong didn't know what to do. He knows Sara's feelings were deeply hurt, but he doesn't know how to explain what Liza said either so he kept quiet.

They gathered all their belongings and left the house without saying a word.

They were inside the car getting ready to go when Sara said

"Drop me off to the nearest City hall. I'll just call my staff to fetch me with a helicopter. I think you should do the same or you can drive to CDO and get on a plane back to Manila.".she said with no emotion.

Sara hasn't looked at him since he got the phone call.

"Mahal.. please let me explain" he begged.

"There's nothing to explain. I know what I got myself into so stop reminding me." She said in a very cold and authoritative tone.

"Now can we go?"

Bongbong really wanted to talk to Sara but he saw that she was pissed about the situation. Afraid that he might make it worse,he followed what she wanted to do.

Deep inside Sara felt so hurt that she wanted to cry. But she didn't want to look pitiful so she acted tough.

As soon as they arrived at the nearest City hall, Sara got out of the car, and went inside without saying a word.

He waited for Sara to come out of the building for an hour hoping that she might change her mind but she didn't.

An hour has passed and he hasn't even seen her shadow.

So he left.

He went to CDO as suggested by Sara and left his rental car to his youngest sister Aimee who currently lives in the City.

When he was in the plane, he felt like his heart was about to explode.

He loves Sara but he doesn't know how to break Liza's heart. It's true that he no longer sees her as a romantic partner. But he still sees her as the mother of his children.

He was so torn with what his mind and heart was saying.

When the plane landed, He thought of sending Sara a message.

"I'm sorry mahal. I hope you can still forgive me. I'll figure this out soon I promise."

He was about to send it, when for some reason, something inside him told him not to. So he didn't.