🌹

After the rally, Bong was determined to talk to Sara.

He was planning to explain everything and beg for her forgiveness. This time, he was willing to take the risk kahit pa malaman ni Liza.

He patiently waited for Sara to get off the stage.

After a few minutes, bumaba na din si Sara and when Bong saw her, she pulled her arm going to the waiting area.

"Ano ba! Mr. Marcos let me go!!" She said habang pilit na binabawi ang braso niya kay Bong.

Bong didn't say a word until they finally got inside the waiting room.

"Ano ba Ferdinand!!!! What is this bullshit? Ano na naman kailangan mo sakin? Na miss mo ba ang parausan mo?? Tang ina naman!!!! Ok na ako oh! Kailan ka ba magsasawa na saktan ako ng paulit ulit? Maawa ka naman please.." Sara said as she was really angry

"Let me explain love please" Bong pleaded

When Sara heard what he called him, mas lalo pa siyang napamura.

"Put***g ina naman! Anong looove????? Anong loooove????" she was yelling hysterically as he was pushing his chest away before she broke down in tears.

"Sara... mahal na mahal pa din kita.. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat.. I regret every lie I told you..."

Bong said as he was trying to get close to her to hug her.

"I loved you.. totoo yun.. hanggang ngayon mahal pa din kita.. I lied because I was afraid what Liza would do to you.. He threatened me na hahanapin ka niya Sara"

Bong said as he was able to hug Sara successfully from the back.

When Sara heard it, parang mas lalong nadurog ang puso niya.

How could Bong wait too long before telling her? Kung kelan unti unti na siyang nagiging masaya..

"Why? Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi?" She said calmly while naka yakap parin si Bong sa likod niya.

His face was buried on her shoulder.

"I was scared na may mangyari sayo." Bong answered

"Yun lang? Di mo ba alam kung gaano kita minahal? I was willing to face anyone kahit mapahiya ako sa buong Pilipinas gagawin ko makasama ka lang.. Ganun ba ka hina tingin mo sakin Bong huh?"

Sara said as she tried to remove Bong's arms from her waist.

When Bong released her, she looked at him and touched his face.

She caressed it gently and pulled him by the neck before giving him a passionate kiss on the lips.

It lasted for about 5 seconds before she pulled away and spoke

"I loved you mahal sobra... akala ko ikakamatay ko na nung iniwan mo ako and to be honest, mahal pa din kita..

But I can't continue living like this. I think I deserve more. I know I deserve better...A year from now, I would be a free woman..Gusto ko naman maranasan yung pinagmamalaki ako sa lahat ng tao...Pagod na ako sa pagtatago Bong."

Sara said tears were falling from her eyes.

"Love, please.... Give me another chance...please" Bong said as he kneeled in front of Sara na nagmamakaawa.

"Please love. I'm sorry.... Please don't leave me.." Bong begged even more.

"I'm sorry Bong... totoong minahal kita.. I gave you everything... wala na akong tinira sa sarili ko kahit pride o kahihiyan man lang. But now, I need to free myself from this misery.. " Sara said with tears in her eyes as she removed Bong's arms around her legs.

At this point wala ng magawa at masabi si Bong.. he just stared blankly at her as he said her final goodbye.

"Who knows, in another life mahal.... Baka tayo pa din.. but for now, we need to say goodbye."

Sara said as she kissed Bong's hair before turning around.

Halos himatayin na siya habang naglalakad palayo kay Bong. She wanted to run to his arms pero alam niyang mali.

She wanted to give herself a chance kahit ang totoo mahal na mahal niya pa din si Bong.

Talaga lang sigurong dumating na siya sa punto ng buhay niya na ayaw na niyang maging pangalawa. Second choice. Mistress. Kabet.

Both of their hearts were broken that night.

Simula nun hindi na din sila nagkita o nag usap man lang.

Dumating at natapos ang eleksyon no one dared to reach out ni isa sa kanila until the Proclamation Day came.

Bong arrived at the venue first with his wife and children.

He went to the holding area to wait until his name was announced as the new president.

After an hour, Sara also arrived at the venue alone.

Bongbong watched her on TV inside the holding area as the media were asking Sara questions.

"Hi VP! Congratulations. Effective pala talaga yung campaign strategy niyo ni Sir Bong" one reporter said

"OO nga kasi mas madami silang taong napuntahan sa hiwalay nilang paglilibot. Maybe that was the winning strategy after all right VP?" Another reporter asked.

Sara smiled at the reporters before she faced the camera.

"Yes po. It was a good ride. The president and I, have been through a roller coaster of emotions during this past year. It was a whirlwind series of events both good and bad but we're just happy to get back to where we should be. Thank you, Mr. President, our campaign period is one of the best days of my life, and congratulations to us! Now it's time to move forward!"

Sara said as she smiled at the camera.

As Bong was watching her, he couldn't help but say to himself.

"Thank you, Sara. Thanks for loving me kahit sandali lang. If we can't be together in this lifetime, I'll wait for you in the next.

But until then, when I miss you, I'll make sure to remember you in my Wildest dreams."

End of Book 1