13

When they arrived in the house, they immediately ate their food and cleaned up.

It was past 11pm but since they slept earlier, di pa sila inaantok. Sara went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of San mig light. Nag store talaga si manang ng madaming beer sa fridge for their girls night sana.

She then went to the terrace where Bongbong was sitting. They started to talk about their branding once the campaign starts when suddenly, Sara's phone rang..

Riing...Ring...

Sara took a quick glance on her phone and saw the name of who's calling. It was Mans..

She cancelled the call and continued talking when the phone rang again.

"I think you should take that" Bongbong said.

"Ok... Excuse me." She quickly stood and walked further from Bong.

She was on the other end of the terrace while talking to the person on the phone. At first, she looked annoyed but after about 10 seconds, she started smiling from ear to ear.

Bongbong kept his eye on her the whole time. He wasn't trying to be chismoso but he couldn't help himself. From where he's at, di nya naririnig kung anong sinasabi ni Sara which annoyed him. All he can see is tuwang tuwa ito habang kausap ang tao sa kabilang dulo ng linya.

Bongbong rolled his eyes as he felt a little annoyed. "Wait, am I jealous?" He shook his head and went to the kitchen to grab a 500 ml redhorse. He never drank Redhorse in his life but he heard that it is 10 times stronger than regular beer. He was overwhelmed with what he was feeling at the moment, that he forgot na ilugar ang sarili nya. Kasi wala naman silang relasyon ni Sara bukod sa pagiging future tandem.

Seloso kasi talaga itong si Bongbong. He is not insecure kasi he has everything pero when it comes to someone he likes or love, he can't help but feel jealous.

Sara was still talking in her phone when bongbong decided to start drinking. As soon as he opened the bottle, uminom agad sya ng dere deretso without using a glass. When he placed the bottle down, halos nakalahati na nya yung laman ng bote.

Sara just finished talking and is now slowly walking back to where Bong was sitting.

"Oh! Kala ko ba lakas maka tambay ng redhorse bat nainom ka nyan? Hahahaha" she teased.

"Ah wala." He casually said.

Since di sya matahimik, he tried to fish for information on what the phone call was about. Tuwang tuwa kasi tong Sara na to e.

"Saya saya mo sa phone kanina ah, kilig na kilig. Was that your husband?"

"Ay oo.. but I wasn't kilig when I talked to him. Inagaw kasi ng bunso ko yung phone at kung ano anong sinasabi" she said. "My kids make me happy." she smiled before pouring beer on her glass.

"Kids talaga? How about your husband? " Pasimpleng tanong ni Bongbong kasi di pa din sya mapakali.

"Ah.. my husband..Mans.." she drank the beer in her glass before she started talking.

"We are not in love."

Bongbong's jaw almost dropped when he heard it. He was not expecting that. Before he can comment, Sara quickly asked.

"Can I trust you?"

"Yes" he quickly responded even though he was still wondering why she asked this question.

"Ok. I'll share my story to you. Ang nkakaalam lang nito, are the people who are close to me, and the people I trust." She said.

"Mans and I, we were bestfriends.. We grew up together and very close ang families namin. We went to the same school from elementary to Law school. When I was in law school, for some reason, I felt so depressed that I tried to harm myself. Mans was there for me... When I was 29, I entered politics. Because of my family background, no one dared to get close to me or court me. That's when I accepted my faith na di na tlaga ako makakapag asawa.....Mans is a very nice and handsome guy. Although he loves me as his best friend, he has his own life... He was seeing someone and was deeply in love with her.. They had 2 beautiful children.

Unfortunately, she left him when the kids were 2 and 1 years old. . No one new about it except for me since bawal malaman ng parents namin."

"Why?" Bongbong asked.

"Because we were arranged to marry each other." Sara said while drinking another full glass of beer.

Bongbong was shocked by her revelations but he was curious to hear more.

"What happened to the kids?" He asked.

"Hmmm... After the girl left him, our parents learned about it so they scheduled our wedding. Those 2 kids became part of our little family and I love them like my own."

Bongbong was left speechless but he gathered his courage to ask another question.

"So biological child nyo yung bunso?"

"Yes..via IVF"

What? IVF? Nagtaka sya while trying to process what he just heard.

"We conceived through IVF. ." Sara continued..

"We were supposed to have triplets.... But there was a bombing incident in Davao....

I was so stressed that I lost the twins. " She said as he wiped a tear from her eye.

"Mans and I, only slept together once in our entire marriage. I guess we are the same, we don't really see each other as romantic partners. We couldn't fake our emotions . So we decided to go with Science...Ang weird no? " She smiled.

Hearing Sara's story, Bongbong wanted to say

"If I was free, mamahalin kita. . I will take care of you and court you forever"

he said in his mind while staring at her.