33.The blood rule

"Hope! Hope, wake up !" I was laying on a bed. My eyes were heavy I couldn't open, them but the voice was familiar to me.

"M... Mom?" I tried my best to open my eyes, but it was only half open, it felt like there were weights on my eyelids.

"Wake up, my little Hopie" the voice was similar to my mom, but I was unable to look her my eyes were so heavy my eyes were hardly open, all I could see was darkness and a shadow of my mom beside me and a man is standing on the door frame! Who is he?

She hugged me! I hugged her back tight, how I miss her presence, her cologne! I couldn't get enough, I took a deep breath just to take in her scent to save it for later. Keep it for the time she hates me.

"Look Hope, uncle Liam is here. He wants the drawing you were drawing for Hades" she caressed my hair .

"I...I..." I tried to say something, but I couldn't speak. I felt so tired. Like my body didn't have enough energy to process anything, any word.

"Hades said you were drawing for him, but you didn't finish it in the morning, he is back to take it! He couldn't sleep without it!"

I'm back to my 6 years old self?

The big digital clock on the wall was showing 2Am! Its light was hurting my eyes.

"I...I...mom ... Help" I tried to speak to her, I wanted to tell her I feel like my soul is leaving my body, but she didn't hear me.

I could see a shadow went to the table in the room's corner, she took something in her hand waving it. "Oh, here it is, you finished it? Good girl, I'll make your favorite food tomorrow. "

"B... but..." I stuttered, help! Someone help me, I'm lost in time and places.

The shadow walked to the door to the other shadow that was standing there "Henry give it to Liam"

"D..dad ?!"

"Hope don't be so mean. Of course, you can give him this drawing it's special for him" said my mom like She is responding to me, but I didn't say anything! "Don't talk back to me, Hope! You are grounded" the shadow got bigger and bigger and ran to me fast and got over me it's all black .

"M...mom don't !"

Back to complete darkness ...

"Hope, Hope! Are you ok?" I'm on my hands and knees on the ground, what happened!

I can't see clearly, It's too bright this time someone is standing beside me "w...who." I can't talk again my head is too heavy I cant raise my head to see this person "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you" said the person besides me ...

"Sara?" Blood? There is blood on the ground! It was dropping down my face, it hurts. My upper lips and nose is burning, I can hear someone blaming Sara! It's my high school basketball couch! "You did it on purpose you pushed her, she is the captain, how could you."

I remember Sara pushed me in the middle of the basketball challenge! It was the most important competition in the country if I could win I would be a part of the national team but because of the basketball rule, the blood rule no one with blood or open injury could play in the match.

I was the best in basketball, but after that incident my parents forbid me from playing and Sara took my place.

It was the first shattered dream of mine.
It was the first time I felt completely broken and useless.

I put my life to achieve a dream and Sara ruined it forever.

I told everyone I was dizzy that day. I never believed my bestie would do that! I took her side when everyone else were blaming her and taking my side. I made a fool out of myself for ignoring the people who care about me.

My coach, my other classmates, Tom.

"What? You think you are better than me? Who are you to forgive me?" Sara was getting scary, she ran to me and started to kick my stomach. With the first kick I was thrown to emptiness. In complete darkness.

Help, Im lost between life and death.

Information:

The blood rule is a rule used in many sports that states that an athlete that receives an open wound, is bleeding, or who has blood on them or their clothes, must immediately leave the playing area to receive medical attention.