Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Arrival in Clockville

Writer's pov:
Error's new destination was 'Clockville'. A simple living village. It was one of the villages his kingdom made a truce with. It wasn't anything special..well...more like it was on a floating island. Yeah...a floating village island.

It wasn't naturally floating, more like it was powered by an artefact that the people worshipped. They thought it was a blessing from the gods above.

Error hasn't been there before but his brother, Freshmin, has. "It's total razz brah" he said to Error when he got home that day.

Error was trying to get there as fast as possible because nighttime was approaching but it was still a kilometre away. He was really tired and almost passed out at one point...but could we blame him?

Suddenly, a voice shouted from behind, "OI! YOU WAN' A RIDE????"

Error immediately turned around and saw a wagon with two horses. "YES, PLEASE!"

And after a couple of minutes, it arrived next to him. The man told Error to get on and he did so.

"Sooo...ye headin' to Clockville too?"

"Y-Yeah... I am. Thank you for giving me a ride."

"iz no problem. You looked like ye'd collapse at any dang minute. At first, 'thought ya of some sort of wild animal or a skinwalker! Haha! I was gonna shoot cha! Haha!"

He started laughing. Error was a bit sceptical of that man..what was a skinwalker? He asked himself.

While the man was still laughing, surprisingly for two-three whole minutes, Error looked around. In the wagon had wheat and some carrots...and a chicken!
"HOLY SH*T! ... F*CK!"

"WHA HAPPEN'????"

"YOUR CHICKEN JUST SCARED ME!"

"Oh! Yeah, he does dat. Kevin, don't cha scare the young lad now! Say sorry!"

The chicken just stared at Error, looking right into his soul. It was making him uncomfortable. He took out some leftover grapes and gave them to the bird, obviously trying to get rid of it or look away.

It flinched at first but then went near one. It smelled it at first and then devoured it.
Error was just glad that it stopped looking at him. It terrified him to the bone.

The guy started humming a familiar tune and started clapping his hands.

Error tried to take a small nap or at least close his eyes. The chicken was hiding somewhere which the young prince didn't mind at all.

He closed his eyes, feeling his muscles drop like pancakes. He was really tired.

Crickets started playing their melody. It was peaceful.

"What's ya name, lad?" The man suddenly asked.

"Error..."

"Ah, I see. What'cha gonna do in the village?"