Chapter 54

Chapter 54
"Reaper"

Writer's POV:
Error walked on the dirt path with Ink, who was carrying a bag over his shoulder.

Dream, after recovering for three days, had asked them to go to Millhaven, the wizard's village, and get the re-strengthening potions which were ordered.

Error offered to carry the bag but Ink turned him down. Looking around their surroundings, a bunch of varying trees surrounded them. A squirrel climbed one of the trees and went into its hiding area. It poked its head to look outside, then disappeared again.

The two walked leisurely without any worries. Ink was humming quietly along the way until stopping to ask his companion, "Have you heard of Millhaven?"

Error shook his head. In all honesty, he didn't know any other wizard towns besides Joku. Even in the past, he didn't know of it.

"It's one of the second oldest villages. We've been on friendly terms with them since Dream became the Joku leader. Fun fact, it's also my second favourite place to visit."

Error raised a bone brow. "Oh? What's your first favourite place?"

"Undervill." The artist smiled innocently, making Error smile as well.

"What's Millhaven like?"

"It's a lot more peaceful than Joku... Uh, when it wasn't under attack..hehe--" Ink laughed awkwardly while rubbing the back of his head. He continued, "Also, it offers pastries from the human realm."

"What's your favourite pastry?" Error asked, taking mental notes.

Ink blinked at him two times before answering. "I feel like you've asked me this before?"

"I have?"

"Maybe? Anyway, it's a little difficult to say.. I like that one pastry called 'croissants' but also blueberry pie...'cannoli'... etc."

Error had heard some of these but not all. He thought for a bit then suggested, "Well, how about I buy us some? If you say they're your favourite, then they must be really good."

Ink was a little surprised. He smiled at the other and thanked him.

The two continued their journey for two days and two nights. Finally, on the third day, they got to Millhaven. It was similar to Joku - the architecture, but one could determine the difference between these two places. While Millhaven appeared to be peaceful and quiet - it was a rather small village. Roughly around 50 houses were there.

When the villagers saw them, they greeted them with a 'Good morning!' or 'Good day!'. Ink greeted them back, of course.
Error and Ink walked to one of the largest buildings in the village.