Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Feather of Life

Error's pov:
I woke up after hearing the front door open. I opened my eyes, peeking from the book on my head, just enough to see Ink returning from his mission. He looked groggy. I went back to sleep because I was really tired. The test from Serion was tiring as f*ck.

I heard Ink go upstairs and come back down after a minute. He covered me with something, probably a blanket. Then took the book from my head and placed it on the table. And left immediately. ...Huh...

... [Error fell asleep] ...

I slowly opened my eyes and sat on the couch. "What time is it?" I asked myself out loud before looking at the clock on the shelf. It was eight in the morning. I yawned while stretching my arms. Then, I stood up from the couch, deciding to go check up on Ink. I walked up the stairs and went up to his door. I knocked and called out his name, "Ink?"

He didn't answer at first but then I heard a muffled-like "Yes?" answer from him. He was probably still sleeping. I thought.

"Just checking if you're okay." I stated.

"I'm ok..."  He mumbled quite loudly. 

"Alright...if you say so.

I was about to walk off when he suddenly asked, "...Can you make some coffee?"

"Sure.. but where is it?"

"I think it's...in one of the cabinets. Don't remember where exactly."

"Of course, you don't... I exclaimed, leaving a light groan at the end. "I'm going downstairs now."

"'mkay..."

And like that, I headed to the kitchen to make coffee.

Writer's pov:
Fifteen minutes had passed since Error last checked on Ink. The artist was still in his room, laying on the bed.

The prince was downstairs, reading his book while drinking coffee. He heard Ink's door open, finally.

Ink came down the stairs, looking like a corpse. He went straight to the coffee. 

Error noticed him and smirked. "Jeez, you look terrible."

The artist looked at him, annoyed. "Thanks, I know..."

The prince drank his coffee before asking, "What happened yesterday?"

"Nothing special." Ink stated then continued, "It didn't take long to capture the chicken."

"The what?" Error asked, dumbfounded by the answer.

"Never mind." The wizard sighed. "..It wasn't a difficult mission. I'm more surprised that they didn't complete it sooner."