Chapter 48

Chapter 48
Returning to Joku

Writer's pov:
Error was walking with Ást through the forest. They were almost at Joku. Luckily for them, they didn't have any problems during their return.

The prince couldn't wait to lay on his bed and sleep all day long. He couldn't fall asleep, only nap for a little bit before he would be awakened by his companion. So, from the bags under his eyes, every soul could guess he was either going to be grumpy or sleepy if they approached him for small talk. Ást had figured it out for himself after they entered a carriage for Shingelten and teleported to the forest..

When the village was at a view, the two quickly walked towards Dream's house, to report back to him. The prince asked if he could skip the meeting but he was suggested to be there. So, with a groan, he walked and hoped that he could be in bed sooner than he would expect.

The florist knocked on the door, expecting Dream to open, but instead saw Ink, stained with paints, from head to toe.

"Uh...Heya Inkyy~ Is Dream inside?" Lust asked while taking out a small cloth and whipping the stains on Ink's cheeks. 

He hummed in response, stepping aside so that the two could enter. He received the cloth and whipped his stained face. Error slightly smirked but dropped it quickly.

Dream walked into the living room, sitting on the armchair, his guests on the couch opposite him.  He asked them questions while writing their answers on paper. The two explained everything that happened with Poppin. When they were done, the elder treated them with tea and sweets he had made.

Error took his cup of tea and looked at Ink, who was painting behind Dream. He looked beautiful the entire time. His tiny but long fingers, holding the paintbrush, his relaxed posture, and every single swipe of the paintbrush made his 'heart' skip a beat. He hadn't noticed that he was staring the entire time before Ást had nudged him with his elbow.

"Have you two seen anything suspicious going on in the human territory?" Dream asked suddenly.

The florist looked at his companion. When he was answered with a shrug, he replied calmly. "We haven't.. should we-- I be on the lookout?"

"Hm..no. There's no need." Dream smiled and took a sip from his cup. "But please report immediately if there is anything."

"Of course." Ást took a biscuit and stood up. "I'm sorry but I should get back to my flower shop, I'm expecting a small gift for myself~" He walked towards the door. Before leaving, he waved and winked at Error for some odd reason.

Now that the prince was alone with the two wizards in front of him, he sighed and relaxed in his seat.

"How have you been, Error?" Dream asked. He took a sweet and gave it to Ink, who took it with his mouth and continued painting.

"Good. Though, I'd prefer if I could go to bed." The prince didn't even try hiding his grumpy voice, which made the wizards laugh.

"I understand, it must've been a long trip." He stood up suddenly. "You can sleep on the couch if you'd like. I have some business to attend. Ink will be drawing if you need anything." He then walked away, back to the kitchen.