Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Octoville

Writer's pov:
Error and Outer set off to the humans' territory on horses. It would've taken five days to do so but with the horses, only three-two days maximum.

The two of them were quiet at first but the shorter one started a conversation. Error didn't mind it, surprisingly.

They talked about different types of subjects, like favourite food, artists, books, etc.

Outer learned, or well guessed, about Error's fear of touching. It wasn't something common so it made him interested.
He asked where he picked it on but Error just shrugged and said nothing. He didn't want to make him uncomfortable so he just switched to another topic.

Error, on the other hand, learned about how Outer left his village to explore other places. He occasionally visits but only for family things.

At some point, the shorter skeleton told him about his plans on going to space. Error didn't really believe it'll be possible to go there because of gravity but yet again...
.
.
.
Night fell. It happened so quickly. The two skeletons decided to continue their journey tomorrow morning.

They tied their horses to trees and gave them water and some food. The animals were quite exhausted from running with two adventures on their back, so they just immediately fell asleep.

Outer gathered some tree sticks and rocks to make a campfire. Error just sat on the ground, reading the journal.

The shorter skeleton placed the rocks into a circle and then put the sticks in. He then pointed his finger to the sticks and caused them to flame up.

Error was a bit taken back. Sometimes he wishes he could do tricks like this...

Outer sat near the campfire and took out some snacks from his bag. He asked Error if he'd like some but the taller one declined... "So...Where did'cha get this?"

"From the box which I bought back at Undervill."

"Huh.. alright." Outer exclaimed. He started eating grapes.

"Why are you asking?" Error questioned.

"Oh, no reason. It looks..a bit familiar..that's all...Mind if I take a look?"

Error handed the journal to Outer.
The wizard ran through the pages and examined them. His eyes widened a bit, "No way!" he exclaimed.

"What?" The prince asked.

"This belongs to-...uhm.. never mind... I-It's not important...Say..mind if I hold on to it? J-Just for tonight?"

Error was confused. He noticed the saddened look on his companion and decided to lend it. "Uh..suit yourself? I read the whole thing so if you want, keep it."

"No, it's fine..it belonged to an old friend.." He smiled at Error.
The taller one just said nothing.

Soon they both went to bed.

Luckily the weather was nice enough to not give them a cold shower..
.
.
.
Error's pov:
I woke up with a back cramp from lying on the ground. Outer was still out cold. He was sleeping pretty loudly for a guy like him...

I got up, dusted my clothes off, and went off to do my 'business'.

As I was walking I saw a strange-looking guy. I couldn't quite make out how he looked but one thing was sure...he looked like an octopus.. Behind him followed three more skeletons, one with a broken skull, one with a hood on and the last one looked like it was crying ink.