Chapter 58

Hi, so I did say I'd bring angst but the way the chapters are developing, I decided to write angst in the near future chapters. Also, we're pretty close to finishing Book 1 of IWYS. So, ye. Enjoy this chapter.
Like I said, there's no angst. :)

---------------

Chapter 58
Return of the Twin P.1

Writer's POV:

Ink and Error journeyed across numerous islands, venturing into different pools/ portals in the relentless pursuit of their true timeline. Despite encountering bizarre and bewildering phenomena along their path, they continued forward. Each time they dived into the pools - they were met with disappointment. However, this time proved to be different.

Ink jumped in for the....he lost count ...time and found himself standing on a tranquil grassy path. Surveying his surroundings, he felt a sense of familiarity. He knew his home, at the back of his hand so he knew he got back home. However, Ink still had to confirm just in case. Eagerly, he decided to explore further. As he made his way down the path, he came upon a deserted village, unmistakably Joku. Not long after, he sensed a presence nearby, suspecting it to be one of their patrolling guards, offering a glimmer of hope amidst the desolation.

As Ink prepared to tug on the rope to return to Error, a familiar voice called out from behind, halting his movements. Turning around, he was greeted by his friend Blue, clad in his guard uniform. Ink's relief was palpable as he smiled at Blue's approach. He knew he sensed one of theirs patrolling! I knew it! He praised himself internally. I'm getting better at it! If only Dream was here to praise me... He then sobbed inwardly.

"There you are, Ink!" Blue exclaimed, his tone tinged with a hint of annoyance. Ink was snapped back to reality while taken aback by the unexpected reprimand. "Where have you been?! Disappearing on us for a week just like that, are you trying to make a fool of us all or something?!"

Ink's surprise mirrored in his expression. He hadn't realized they had been gone for so long. He hoped their absence had made their pursuer give up on continuing their chase.

He snapped back to reality when Blue mentioned something about Dream, his worry instantly piqued. "What- wait, what's wrong with Dream?" he interrupted, cutting off his friend mid-sentence.

Blue looked slightly disappointed and offended by the interruption, his irritation evident as he sighed before explaining, "Dream almost went into a crisis when you didn't return after the third day. You better apologize to him or..."

Ink breathed a sigh of relief, realizing he had misheard. "I will... Don't worry."

"By the way..." Blue scanned their surroundings as if searching for a hidden treasure. "Where is Error? He's usually with you.."

"Ah, about that!"  Ink exclaimed, making the other pay close attention to him. ".... I'll explain later, for now, could you help me with something?"

Blue stared at him blankly before agreeing, accustomed to Ink's secretive nature. He was led by Ink up the grassy path, stopping as soon as the other did.

Ink turned around and said, "Wait here for me, will ya?" Without giving Blue a chance to respond, he tugged on the rope and disappeared right in front of his friend's eyes, leaving Blue possibly in a state of shock or disbelief.