Chapter 59

Chapter 59
Untold Truths

Writer's POV;
Error struggled to untie the bedsheets constricting his hands, his mind racing as he assessed his current situation. N, or should we say Nightmare, had finally revealed his true identity - Dream's twin brother. Shock coursed through Error's mind at this revelation, yet a sense of understanding also settled in. Recalling Nightmare's interaction with Dream and Ink during their battle from a while ago, Error guessed they had a connection with each other.

How did Dream's once seemingly innocent brother transform into this monstrous, menacing figure?

He recalled his brief interaction with the twins.

Kid Dream - a bright gullible child, and kid Nightmare - a harmless timid child.

Now - complete contrast.

Current Dream - the leader of the wizard village Joku, a strategic and cautious skeleton, and current Nightmare - a twisted amalgamation of a goopy octopus, a menacing and ruthless skeleton.

Confusion mingled with apprehension as Error grappled with the unsettling truth unfolding before him.

However, this wasn't the time to dwell on uncovering old affairs.

The prince, who was lying on his stomach this entire time, struggled with the bedsheet, his efforts futile as he searched in vain for its elusive end or the knot binding his hands. Frustration gnawed at him as he cast a glance towards his legs, where the said knot lay entangled. How could he possibly reach it? The distance seemed insurmountable, and his lack of flexibility only added to the challenge.

He attempted to wiggle his legs in a desperate bid to loosen the knot but to no avail. The knot remained as stubborn and unyielding as a solid rock, refusing to budge despite his efforts. He then tried once more to free his hands one by one but again - it proved futile.

Well, sh*t... He cursed in his mind, feeling irritated. He collected his thoughts and resumed the task of devising a different plan.

The prince scanned the room for any sharp objects or things he could use for his escape. He spotted on top of a table behind him a glass bottle. Perfect! Error prepared to kick the table so that the glass bottle could shatter and from there - cut the sheets.

But a twist of the doorknob stopped him. He stayed quiet, trying to hear and recognise the person on the other side.

The twisting of the doorknob echoed through the room, only to meet resistance as it encountered the locked door. Then, a familiar voice drifted through from the other side, "Oh, it's locked...Might as well check later."

It was Ink!

With renewed hope, Error swiftly sought a way to capture Ink's attention. He targeted the said table behind him, delivering a powerful kick that sent it crashing to the ground, the sound of shattering glass reverberating through the room.

"What was that?" The other's voice came from further away as if he began leaving. Heavy footsteps approached right in front of the door, and the voice asked again, "Is someone inside?"

Error wanted to shout 'yes', only if his mouth wasn't tied up! Desperation coursed through him as he attempted to kick the table once more, only to realize it had been pushed further out of reach. Frantically, he scanned the room for any other means of creating noise, his 'heart' sinking as he found only distant objects beyond his grasp. Then, his gaze fell upon the shattered glass. That's right! Summoning every ounce of determination, he manoeuvred his body towards it, ignoring the slight cut that grazed his cheek as he freed his mouth.