Chapter 32

Chapter 32
True emotions?

Writer's pov;
The three skeletons entered the castle. Error was immediately informed by one of the butlers to meet his brother, Fresh, in the study hall. He thanked the butler and excused himself.

Ink and Dream walked through the corridor, exploring the inside of the castle. They asked for permission from Error beforehand, so they wouldn't get in trouble.

While walking, they couldn't help but gaze at the portraits on the walls. They displayed various events which had happened in the past.
One particular one stood out from the rest. It was a portrait of two skeletons. One male and a female. They both were wearing royal clothes, and crowns on their heads. It was clear that they were Royalty.

The woman wore a beautiful blue dress, like the color of Error's strings. She wore a necklace with one diamond, which stood out the most.

The man wore a long red mantle, covering his left shoulder completely. He wore a grey suit jacket, underneath a white long-sleeved shirt. His pants matched the suit jacket.

The two stared at the portrait for a minute before a maid spoke up, "Ah...the previous King and Queen. They were lovely people."

The two skeletons turned towards her, Ink being the one to reply, "Are they the parents of the princes?"

She smiled and nodded, "Yes. They were lovely people. I haven't served them personally but from the stories I had been told...they were truly lovely people."

"I see.." Dream answered. He looked at the portrait and asked, "What happened to them?"

The maid's smile faded a bit. She sighed and replied, "A war broke out between our kingdom and the humans. We were victorious but sadly...the King and Queen died. Geno was crowned at the age of 16."

Dream went silent, feeling pity for the young man. "...at such a young age, huh?"

"Yes...It wasn't easy for him either..." She paused and looked away, "Nor to his brothers..."

"How old were the younger brothers when the war broke out?" Ink asked, curiosity taking him over.

The maid thought before answering, "If I'm not mistaken... King Freshermin was 10 and Prince Error was 6. And Prince Genosis was ...14? Yes, 14."

Ink nodded and thanked her for answering. She smiled and bowed lightly before leaving.

Ink looked at the portrait and sighed.
Dream looked over to him, "We should get going. I have to check up on the former king."
Ink nodded and walked beside Dream to Geno's room.
.
.
.
Error went inside the study hall. He noticed that Fresh wasn't there so he decided to go to his room. On his way, he couldn't stop thinking about his older brother. Sci did say he'd inform me when he was awake... He thought.

The prince's thoughts led him straight in front of his brother's room. He snapped out of his thoughts when he realized he wasn't at his room's doors. He groaned and walked back the other way...
...

Dream and Ink were in Geno's room. Dream checked on his soul's state and noticed its healing. He sighed out of relief and looked at Ink.

"He's healing. Slowly but surely." He whispered to his pupil who smiled in response.

"Well, that's good! Does that mean he'll wake up soon?" Ink whispered back.

"I'm not so sure, Ink. Only time will tell."