Chapter 35

Chapter 35
Hostages

Writer's pov;
Error woke up after a two-hour nap. The cat seemed to have disappeared as soon as Ink and Dream walked into the living room. The two wizards looked exhausted.

Dream headed to the stairs, while Ink sat on the couch, next to Error (On his right).
The artist sighed and looked at the prince.

"We didn't get much outta them." Ink said with irritation.

"I figured. They seem to be loyal to their leader." Error exclaimed, receiving a nod from the other.

"Yeah...." Ink's eyes started closing slowly. Soon enough, his head rested on Error's shoulder.

The prince jumped from the sudden touch. He looked at the sleeping skeleton and sighed, a smile appearing on his face. He noticed a blanket on his left and grabbed it. He then covered the two of them with it and relaxed, resting his head on Ink's. He wouldn't mind...
And from there, he fell asleep. Again.
.
.
.
Ink woke up around eight in the morning. He yawned silently and noticed that he was on top of someone. He looked at the other's face and immediately flinched, his face starting to heat up. Apparently, last night the two lay on the couch in a much comfier position. None of them even noticed.

The artist was about to get up when a hand wrapped around his waist, pulling him gently towards Error. Ink was panicking in his head. What do I do?! Oh boy...this ain't good!
Surprisingly, no one was around to see them hugging. If there was, they'd be teased for the rest of the day.

Ink calmed down and decided to wake up the prince. He took one last look at the other's face and sighed.

"Error, we have to get up." He said, tapping the other's shoulder.

"Hmmpff... Five more minutes, shorty." Error refused, however.

Ink groaned and decided to try to sit up. This time, he succeeded. Error sighed and sat up next to him, his head resting on Ink's shoulder.

The artist looked at the other with a confused look. "What's up with you today?" He placed a hand on Error's forehead and widened his eyes. "Oh... you're burning! Why didn't you tell me you were sick?!"

"Huh?" Error took Ink's hand off of his head and looked at him with confusion. "What're you talkin' about?"

The artist lay Error down and got up from the couch. "Stay here, I'll get you a cold towel." He then left for the kitchen.
...

Ink took a towel from one of the cupboards and wet it with cold water from the sink. Then, he went back to the living room. He noticed Error thugging his shirt and quickly went up to him, placing the towel on his forehead.

"Is there something wrong with your chest?" He asked, placing his hand on Error's.

"Y-yeah...I think I broke a rib or something..." Error answered, receiving a disappointed look.

"Error! You should've told me!" Ink sighed and continued, "Let me see your chest."

The prince sighed and looked at him with a blank stare. "I'm fine."

Ink, however, didn't believe him. "Right, and I'm pink. Lift your shirt or I will."

The prince rolled his eyes and took his shirt off, reviling a perfectly fine ribcage. Yes, there were some cracks and a tiny bit of bleeding, but apart from that it was all good. Ink quickly grabbed bandages from one of the drawers and carefully wrapped them around the bleeding areas. He looked at the cracks and thought, Healing magic could heal it. Even a potion. Thankfully nothing happened to his soul.