Chapter 50

Chapter 50
Lovebirds

Writer's pov:
Error walked to Dream's tree trunk house... could you even call it a house? It was a meeting area, also a house.. But anyway, let's not get distracted.

The prince was at Dream's house. He carefully placed the rose jar on the table while Dream was holding the bouquet.

"Thank you again, Error. I'm very grateful to you." The wizard said, handing back the bouquet. "Shall I make you tea? Or perhaps coffee?"

"Tea would be fine, thank you." Error said, looking at the roses in his hand. "..uhm.." He started, feeling a little embarrassed to ask Dream.

Somehow, the elder knew what he was going to ask. Smiling, he said calmly. "Ink is out at the moment. He'll be back until afternoon."

The prince returned the smile and nodded.

"Now, sit down anywhere you'd like. The tea won't take long."

As Dream was leaving, Error took a seat at the table, where the rose jar was (The prince left the bouquet on the coffee table before sitting).
It was right next to it. He took a closer look at the flower, it looked half-dried up yet, still lively. It was a mystery to him how a plant like that could exist. Well, he was in a wizard village so...it was expected.

Something caught the prince's attention. The wall had an almost invisible line, shaped to be a door. He hadn't noticed it before, was it new? Or was his eyesight getting better? He could ask the wizard when he gets back.

Speaking of him, Dream came back, holding a silver tray with the tea kettle and two cups. There wasn't a sugar holder, instead a small jar with honey. He placed the tray and smiled at his guest. "I hope I didn't take long."

"You didn't, don't worry." Error reassured him. He watched as Dream poured him tea.

"I don't have sugar anymore, so I hope honey is good." Dream pointed out, which he guessed was okay.

Error took some honey with a small spoon, and stirred his tea, mixing it with the sweet flavour. Dream did the same, although he didn't add as much honey as the other.

Taking a sip, the prince's mind wandered around that line-shaped wall. He waited a little before asking, "Uh-"

"You know, it's a beautiful day, isn't it?" The wizard interrupted him. He did so as if he knew what the other was about to ask.

"Yeah, it is." But Error wasn't going to wave around the distraction. "I was going to ask.."

"Why don't you take Ink to a nice late-night picnic? He hadn't gone to one in forever." And there...he did it again.

The prince sighed. I guess I won't ask him about that today.. "Oh, yeah. That would be lovely."

"Mhm!" Dream quickly agreed. He took a sip from his tea and continued, "Anyway, thank you again for helping me."

"No worries. Although, may I ask what you're going to do with that flower?"

The wizard carefully moved the jar next to him. "I'm going to experiment with something.." He then opened it, revealing the withering rose and its beauty. "I recommend not touching it. I'm currently wearing special gloves but if you were to touch it... your hand would dust straight away."