"The Midnight Society" Pt.V🌔

(SPOILER COMMENTS WILL BE REMOVED. ENJOY)

Me and DeVante walked the empty campus in sheer silence.

I know he had a lot of things going on in his head right about now but was playing it cool since I was around.

Tonight was very frightful-I just had to check on him once more.

"De forreal...are you okay?" I asked "We can talk about it if you want".

Devantè who was staring at the ground the whole walk to campus finally peered up looking over at me.

"You know you don't have to act so concerned about me" he spoke "I know K is on your mind right about now"

"I can't lie and say that he's not" I shrugged "But I'll learn you know...I'll manage". De nodded as we continued our journey

"So ummm" I pressed my lips together "Your taste....are quite different huh". Devantè chuckled shaking his head.

"Yeah that" he finally looked up towards the sky "I dunno it only happens when I'm in the zone. It's like this whole other side of me waiting to come out

When I find out some girls prefer some aggressiveness in the bedroom, I knew I was the man for the job".

I stopped dead in my track making De stop as he turned to me.

"It didn't seem that way in the beginning" I looked up. De met my eyes as he shook it off again.

"I didn't wanna go there with you" he answered "At least not yet. Didn't need you bad mouthing my name and shit". I remained disappointed in his answer.

"I liked it" I admitted "Both parts"

"Well I was just doing K, a solid" He looked away.

So that's how it was gonna go down-he was just doing it for K

"So you were uncomfortable" I interrogated "You could've stopped it"

"Hell so could you" he said "Weren't you doing this for him too?".

-He got me there, I was doing it for K but somewhere in that situation between him and I

I thought we really connected.

"I was" I sternly said "But your feelings matter too De and you could've easily said No". De licked his lips getting annoyed

"I don't know watchu want from me Da" he shifted his weight "What. You want me to say...I made love to you and something just instantly clicked between us?".

I paused wondering if I should just say yes.

"Dada we do this because we love women" he said "WOMEEEEN...PLURAL we don't commit to just one girl and trust...

I've made love to others".

"Cool" I simply shrugged wanting to die on the inside but didn't know why

"I'm really glad we're on good terms Dada" he said "But feelings won't get you far in this organization...if anything, it'll drive you OUT".

"Duly noted" I shook my head "I get it I do...It's hard for me right now but give it time".

"Understood" he shook his head.

"So what are you gonna do about the Nivea situation?" I asked "You don't have a pledge"

"I honestly don't even know nor tend to look at this point" he answered carelessly. I knew deep down he was scared to recruit a new girl after what went down.

Then an idea suddenly spark in my head

"Use me" I said nonchalantly

"What?" scrunched Devantè