Not Gonna Write You A Love Song 📝 Pt. 13

Two weeks later ....

I knocked on the door waiting for him.

Once again met with his annoyed glare but eyes soften once he seen mine, I marched right in not saying a word making it to the middle of the floor. I was Frustrated. Bewildered and Distraught. "Okay Swing let's get this over it" I gritted taking off my coat. My feelings were shattered like I'd just been slapped by all three of my so-called sisters. Although heartbroken, a deal was a deal. Closing the door, he slowly strolled over then stopped, placing his hands into his pockets. I began pacing as he followed me with his eyes, my body told on itself harboring unsettling emotions.

"Diamon-"

"No Devantè. I made the bet and I'm a woman of my word" I hoarsely spoke "You said the balcony so let's take this upstairs". I turned heading towards that direction but my arm was pulled, throwing me into his chest.

I cried like a baby.

"We lost. We fucking lost!" I teared "I wor- I worked so damn hard for this. I wanted people to see a different side of XTACÍ but they hated it". I could feel Devante's head fall back letting out a mournful sigh.

"They didn't hate it Diamond" he held me "They were just taken back. Jodeci is known for making panty droppers and you all still new to it. Give them time to adjust first, it's just your sophomore album".

"It won't be another album Swing" I pushed myself away. "The group is breaking up and it's all my fault!!!". Devantè furrowed his brows.

"How is it your fault?" He inquired.

"Because of us!" I cried "They resent me for being with you so what happens. Demi doesn't want anything to do with me, Krystal fell out of love with music now she can't go a day without a drink in her hand, and Tati...." I swiped my nose placing my hands on hips, Devantè tilted his head.

"She's.... pregnant" I choked "Said this was God's way of telling us to take a break. How she always wanted to be a Mom anyway. Like really". Devantè dropped his head.

"I abandon them now they're retaliating. This is my punishment". Devantè stared at the floor long and hard. He never liked when I was this upset and would do everything in his power to make sure I was good again.

"Diamond come sit with me" he said.

"NO. I came over here to do what I need to do and go home" I shook my head "I'm leaving NY and giving up on music all together". His eyes burned a hole in my head.

"Like hell you are" he barked. My pupils instantly shot up.

"Do you know WHO. YOU. ARE?" he rhetorically asked "You're Diamond Fucking Stevens. Singer. Songwriter. and soon-to-be BABY SWING". I peered at the hardness in his golden orbs with glass eyes. He saw something in me no one else had. "I'm not letting you give up on the one thing that brought us together" he continued "The Lord blessed you with your own style. Use that Muthafucka". Tears flowed down my warm cheeks staring at that passion behind his voice.

"If the show must go on then Oh Fucking Well" he motioned back to the couch sitting down. Placing his hands in prayer form. He then took a breath

"Now....Come. HERE". Still hesitant, I obeyed his command. I walked over to the couch seating myself. Devantè gathered a bunch of paperwork to his left and started flipping through pages making sure everything was neatly arranged.

He then passed it to me tapping the sheet.

"Read that shit". And as I read the paper, Devantè went into the other room for a minute. When he came back with his lighter and cigar, the shock expression was still there."DeVante...." I paused making sure what I read wasn't bullshit.