𝐇𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈 𝐏𝐭. 𝟓 🫣

𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎. Two miserable days of pure agony of not communicating with the outside world. Mom still wasn't letting up finding piles and piles of workload for us to do and when we weren't doing chores our asses were in our rooms knocked out.
If we weren't discussing what to eat for dinner, me and Bash kept our distance.

This was ultimate torture I was willing to beg my mother to lift the sentence but too afraid to approach her. I was growing restless, felt like if I didn't get out this apartment, I would jump off our balcony.

FORMER TEENAGER FROM CEDARSTONE APARTMENTS JUMPS TO HER DEATH DUE TO A MERE WEEK OF GROUNDING.

Then suddenly Bash's laugh came through clear as day. Slightly opening the door, I carefully stuck my head out into the darken hallway. Both he and my mother were talking without zero fussing behind it. Just laughing talking about her brother Clifford and how he'll be visiting us real soon. He was my favorite Uncle and Mom's baby brother. He was stationed in Hawaii but called as much as he could.

I slowly ambled down the hall to see that her door was wide open. The two sat there, barrels of laughter til her tiresome eyes cut to me twisting her lip up. "Bout time you got up" she teased "Come on in". A smile ascended upon my face as I waltz right on in. Out of all rooms, hers was by far my favorite. My mother had dreams of having an art gallery one day.

She was very artistic. Her walls were a deep plum color, pictures of African women and their children in celebration wearing white turbans looking like black goddesses. She said we were her greatest creation but I knew with our father being out the picture, it caused her to place those dreams upon a shelf moreso on her walls.

She stopped painting when she had me but swore she would start again, yet her busy work schedule said overwise. Bash wanted so badly to help but all she wanted from us, was for us to graduate

and that we could do. GOD I FEAR THE FUTURE...WHAT WOULD BECOME OF ME AND BASH. WHO WOULD WE BECOME IN THE NEXT 10-20 YEARS?

My mother was tucked underneath her deep purple velvet of a comforter I loved so much. Bash, who was laying across the end, looked over his shoulder greeting me with a smirk. I hugged him from behind with my chin snuggled into his neck. He then roped his arm around giving me a side kiss to the temple followed by a scratch to my scruffy bed head. I joined him laying the opposite way, resting my arm over his crossed leg like we did as kids while watching SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO with our mother.

"See...I miss this" she cooed like she wanted to tear. "Man siblings fight" he shrugged "Knew her bratty self would be under me again". I rolled my eyes as my mother chuckled placing her fist underneath her chin. "But you love her regardless". "Yeah that's my baby" he pointed over "Let someone touch her. It's O-V". I shooked my head knowing if anybody disrespected my bro, they'd have to deal with me too.

"You two remind me so much of me and Cliff back in the day. One minute we ain't talking and the next..we was best friends".

"Mama trying to avoid the time she and Uncle Cliff got into it themselves" he revealed. I looked over to my mother giving her a OH REALLY look. "And I told you Me and Cliff didn't physically fight. We just had a misunderstanding..much like you two". I looked over to my brother with remorseful eyes. "Sorry I jacked your face up" I pouted. Bash only chuckled shaking his head. "Whatever Crybaby". I lightly shoved him making him laugh. I could tell my mother's stone cold heart began to soften and hoped she knew we had learned our lesson.