𝐇𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈 𝐏𝐭. 𝟕🫣

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄!...a complete utter nightmare! This just wasn't a prank anymore, this wasn't a lesson to be taught. De had narrow-mindedly fallen for me..I mean Connie and in such a short time. Why?!

"De..I'm.." I sighed placing my hand on his.

"Listen Devantè...Connie's...Connie's um". Then it hit me. An idea popped into my head. Maybe I could fix this?! I could talk to the real Connie and tell her how much De likes her. I know it'll be bizarre in the beginning but I could play Cupid here!! I could save this!

"Connie..would be lucky to have someone like you.." I finished, watching his boyish grin come forth. "I'm telling you Princess all the games with other girls I'm tossing out the window. From this point forward you looking at a Devantè 2.0". I faked a chuckle. "Good for you Devantè...2.0". He then swiftly grabbed me into his embrace. FUUCCCKK!!!

He held the top of my head, holding me close as if I were his own, with so much love and comfort. I could feel his chest rise and fall where my head was cradled. I knew right then it'd be hard to let him go

but I had to..I had to

"You know kid...out of everybody here, think I'ma miss you the most". "Miss?" I repeat wanting to cry. "Yeah but we'll get into all that later...". He released me only to see tears run down my face. He gently wiped them with his thumbs. "Here you go, what's wrong now?" He teased. I shook my head "I'm just happy...that's all".

"I'm happy too...for you and me". I quickly wiped my face. "Come on girl..let's get you home". His arm still draped on my shoulder he proceeded to walk me home. That was the longest De had ever touched me as I watched the twinkling stars above us shine. Summers would never be the same without Devantè.

Reaching the end of the hallway, I knocked on my brothers' door to have a one on one with him. "Hey Bash. Is it okay if I come in?". "Yeah" his voice called out. Opening the door, I walked in to see him playing with his PlayStation but looking absent minded in the face. Taking my usual spot on the edge of the bed, I sat there watching him put Laura Croft through the trenches on Tomb Raider.

"Bash?".

"Waddup Kid?" he spoke, his vision still on the screen. "Are you and Devantè not friends anymore?". The rapid karate chop tapping of the buttons slowly decreased. I didn't think he would answer but eventually, he spoke up. "I dunno" he shrugged  "De all pus—.. whipped over a chick he can't even get..pu—attention from".

"So that's it. Y'all just gonna throw your  friendship away over some girl?" I questioned as if I didn't cause any of this. "Man that's that nigha" he nudged to the door as if De was right there "Told his ass to leave that girl alone but he wanna get all butt hurt about it and left".

"He just wants you to have his back Bash" I tried explaining "Haven't you noticed a change in him?". Sebastian paused the game.

"What change Princess?" he inquired like I was wasting my breath.

"This..whole..chasing ass bit" I answered "Sure it may seem fun back when but maybe he's over it". Bash turned in his seat placing his elbows on his knees looking me square in the eye.

"And you know this because..?".

I realized I had given myself away and had to land on my feet once again. "A female just knows.." I lied "For a long time I've watched Devantè go along with your mischievousness because he loves you like a brother and the one time he needs your support..you can't do it".