OWN THAT SHI- 🤫Pt. 11

(Still in editing mode)
🐺
Devantè watched as the sparks popped from his fireplace with a glass of Brandy in his hand. The lost of Kalani right along with Yori and now his mate had him feeling like a complete failure.

"Sorry pop" he lifted his glass "Guess I wasn't cut out to be an Alpha after all. I've fucked up everything and now look what it's cost me.

Dalvin.

Yori.

Now Spirit. The Universe doesn't make mistakes right?". He finished the last bit of bitter liquor as he headed to the bar to pour him another round.

Devantè wasn't much of a drinker but now he was starting to use it as a sleeping aid. He hasn't had a wink of sleep and he vowed to his younger brother he would bring Yori back.

Keeping his promise, Devantè placed the drink down rushing over to grab his coat but suddenly a scent of Mistletoe w/ a hint of Sugar Cookies writhen underneath his nose causing him to halt.

Frozen in place, Devantè tilted his head staring back at the door, was his mind playing tricks on him or was his mate standing on the other side?

He didn't know if he wanted to answer but his wolf barked loud enough for him to snap out of his contemplating.

Walking over to the door, he twisted the knob ever so slowly. There she was looking as beautiful and as joyous as ever.

The last time they seen each other she was in such pain and it was all because of him. His heart fluttered but his face was of uncertainty.

"Spiri-..." he choked "Your...You're back".

"Is it okay to come in?" She shyly queried. Devantè missed the sound of her voice and though he couldn't STTANNDDD her wolf he just nodded and stepped aside.

Spirit walked in and Devantè's eyes couldn't help but travel up and down her backside. He could've tore her up coming in here with practically nothing on over her oversize Hilfiger jacket yet he was just happy she was there.

Spirit, on the other hand, was too distracted by his place. It looked of a bachelor pad, nothing spoke of Kalani not even her scent. Devantè must've done some intense early Spring Cleaning.

"Seems like you um...changed the place around" she trailed off.

"Uh yeah..." he walked around her "Some things had to go. Couldn't bare the sight or smell any longer ya know".

Spirit was upset that Kalani had to go out like she did but what was done was done and she couldn't take it back if she wanted.

"Devantè while away, I gave it some thought" she paused pressing her hands together. "Not only do you need to stay in Amsterdam with your pack, you need an heir to the throne

And I want to bless you with one".

Devantè orbs flashed but only for a moment. Although ecstatic to hear the news, he didn't want her to give up her most precious youthful years for his sake.

"I can't ask that out of you Sweetface" he sadly smiled "Kalani was right. I have a whole lot of catching up to do to keep up with you guys' lifestyle".

Spirit walked over to Devantè as a her big browns twinkled to his light coppers.

"I wouldn't want you to" she replied "Listen. Devantè...My parents cared for each other tremendously but they weren't prepared to sacrifice nor fight for their love to see it through

I know what my wolf did to your wife was...detrimental but you did it for Noel. That couldn't have been easy for you".

"Noel?" He repeated lifting his pierced brow.