Own That Shi-🤫 Pt.9

Spirit wasn't ready to see everyone at dinner and Devantè could sense her nerves eating away at her.

"What's wrong Sweetface?"

"I don't wanna go back in there De" she moped "I made a fool of myself and I can't show my face".

"Spirit you didn't make a fool of yourself I assure you" he smirked "That was me being an idiot triggering your wolf by allowing Kalani to serve me".

"Guess it's not easy on either of us huh?" She spoke.

"It's not" he frowned "I didn't get around to telling you but I'm sorry if your wolf felt disrespected". Spirit went quiet for a second zoning into inner wolf.

She suddenly chuckled.

"What she say?" He raised a brow

"I think I'll keep that part to myself" she shook her head "Don't need you flying off at the mouth".

"She still ain't feeling me huh?" He spoke. Spirit her head NO

"Not. One. Bit" she admitted.

"Well as long as she's calm we won't have any problems" he shrugged holding her hand.

"Look how about later tonight...you and me can just hang" he suggested "Get to know each other. Put your mind at ease before we take things to the next level".

"To the next level?" she repeated.

"Yeah" he replied "I don't know if Miliya explained about how heating cycles work-"

"She did and I don't like the sound of it" she frowned "De I'm scared. Periods are already too much to handle".

"I know baby I know" he sighed "But it's gonna happen and we have to prepare". While De and Dal had their talk so did Spirit and Amiliya.

She broke down the basic fundamentals of being a she wolf shifter along with the excruciating pain of heating cycles. She thought the birds and the bees talk was scary

That didn't have shit on what she wolves had to endure every few weeks.

"It's gonna be fine because I will be there with you" he kissed her hand "I won't let you suffer but you don't have anything to worry about right now okay".

"Okay I guess" she looked down "I mean I do like you De but this whole you being married thing is-".

"Well that's also something I want to discuss with you" he interrupted "Later tonight".

"Okay I'll make that tea you love so much" she smirked. Devantè lowered himself as he kissed her ear.

"You trying to make me claim you already huh?" He teased kissing her neck. Spirit lightly pushed him off.

"Let's have dinner first Hot Stuff" she chuckled "We can go over some songs lyrics too".

Devantè was filled with doubt but Spirit just shut that down immediately and she didn't even know it. He adored her and so did his wolf.

If she were still human, he'd be nestled in her lap while she scratched his crown. He was feeling flutters just thinking about it.

She was gonna make a great mate and hopefully a great Female Alpha.

When they arrived, once again everyone sat up but Spirit was prepared as she nodded acknowledging them.

Dalvin and K were smiling at her looking as humbly beautiful as possible.

They knew she was a kind person but what the pack wanted to know was...would she be able to lead and protect like Devantè.

Spirit caught a whiff of Kalani's scent and her wolf began growling inside.