Not Gonna Write You A Love Song 📝 Pt. 17

**I watched this video a million times. This is Devantè and Diamond's relationship from the song down to the visuals😩🤌🏼 **

December 1996, Rochester, NY

10 months til breakthrough

"Nice nice.." the photographer complimented "Diamond place your arm onto Swing's shoulder leaning more into him". I did as told, placing my arm on De's shoulder giving face.

"Beeaaauuttifuull" he responded, angling his camera ninety degrees. The flickering from the flashes were obnoxious and hurting my eyeballs but I muscled through. "Alright do a little freestyle for me" he instructed "Talk, laugh...flirt whatever". Devantè starting messing with his loosened cuff looking into the camera stylin' his tinted Ray Bans while still oozing sex. Nippin on his toothpick, he was serving John Gotti stylin a Fedora tilted slightly over his left eye.

I tugged at my suspenders posing like the female mobster I was. "De I'm loving this.." I repositioned for the camera. "I feel so bad ass right now". "Shit that's because you is Boss Lady". We both posed again giving very much Godfather. "I'm telling you baby, it's only up from here". Since being with Devantè, he's done nothing but speak positivity into his brand and by the grace of God we were blowing up.

We gained more artist, as well as exposure. Busting our asses making Hit after Hit. Every station reached out wanting the dynamic duo on their tv show.

"Okay you two back to back on this last one. Gimme Mr. and Ms. CEO of Swing Mob Productions..". Both placing our backs to each other, we gave the photographer exactly what he wanted. Today Swing Mob was shooting for Vibe Magazine and we were front page for their special issue. All the artists had done their shots two hours prior and all that was left was our shoot then an interview explaining the success of Swing Mob.

It was truly a dream come true and I couldn't ask for a better partner to celebrate with. "Alrrrigghtt that..is..a.. WRAP!" the photographer called observing the last few images out as everyone clapped for us. It was an amazing feeling knowing that Devantè was getting the credit he deserved.

"Aye I'm finna get up outta these clothes so we can get on with this interview" he informed. "Okay I'ma just chill here and wait for you to get back". "Alright baby" he pecked my cheek, disappearing to the back. "Miss Stevens. You have a phone call" our assistant rushed over with the cellular device. I took the phone from her hand mouthing thank you before placing it to my ear.

"Diamond speaking.." I greeted.

"Diamond..I don't know no Diamond" a stern, gentle soul spoken out "If I'm not mistaken, I birthed a Doris Stevens". I awkwardly looked around as if the whole studio could hear. "Hey Mama" I sighed "How are you. How's everyone?".

"Good. Good" she replied "In here preparing dinner for your father and twin wondering if my OTHER child will be coming home for Christmas?".

"Ummm" I hesitated wishing I had my PDA on me. "Uuhhh I'll have to see mama. You know work's been hectic and all that, but I'ma find a way". "Well I surely do hope so" her voice displayed disappointment "Doris we haven't seen you in ages and you never call like you use to anymore". "I know Mama" I squeezed my eyes as the makeup artist applied powder to my oily skin