"The Midnight Society" Pt. VII 🌔

(*Still I'm editing mode* Ya'll know the drill. Spoiler/Rude comments will be removed. Don't like this story EXIT)

ENJOY

"You so stupid I swear" I held my fist to my mouth trying to lower the volume of my chuckle box.

"So you ain't seen that green shit in between Mrs. Flintwood teeth when you went to English. Come on Ni"
chuckled Devantè on the other end.

"I wasn't looking okay" I lied staring all in her grill today

I was strolling through UNC bookstore racking up on supplies when Devantè called and my ass was still wandering the building 15 minutes later....

"Mhm watchu doing Brat?" he smacked into the phone

"At this bookstore" I answered grabbing the items I was looking for. Ran out of printer paper and other things".

"What about you?" I asked.

"Shit nothin right ni, gotta head to this meet up in anotha hour or so" he responded.

"A TMS meeting?" I teased

"You already know" he smirked

"What in the entire hell do you all talk about at those meetings?" I asked standing in line. "Probably just ass"

"Damn nosey much" he chuckled "Can we keep anything to ourselves when it comes to you Dada?".

"Mmm no not really" I said playfully. Devantè smirked through the phone letting out a sigh.

"You know I can definitely see why you make K so crazy"

"Oh yeah" I finished paying for my things as I started walking out the store.

"Yeah" he said in a seductive state.

I bit my lip wanting to see where this would go. I truly cared for K, he had given me so much of himself but Devantè wasn't giving me enough.

He was intoxicating and I wanted it all.

"Hey I'm kinda curious about sum De?" I spoke

"What's on your mind?" I asked.
"Do you plan on...ever going back to other girls?" I asked "Like in the near future?". It was a long pause on the other end that made my heart pound through its chest.

"......would it bother you if I did?". Well that shit caught me off guard.

"Um na, of course not" I shrugged "That wouldn't be fair to you De".

"What if I told you I already was?" he questioned. I learned from K not to react as fast when I was hit with these kinda fast ball questions.

"Shit are you?" I chuckled playing it off. I heard another pause as my chuckling trailed off.

"Devantè?" I called "Are you?".

"Yeah Dada" he quickly answered "I didn't wanna tell you because...".

"Because what?" I asked now standing in the middle of the courtyard.

"Because how you acting now" he sighed "I knew you'd get like this".

"I'm not gettin like anything" I lied feeling like I was talking to K "This was part of the program so I'm cool".

"You cool?" He repeated

"I'm cool" I said trying to calm my nerves

"You don't sound cool" he argued

"De...you don't belong to me" I whispered "I can't tell you who or who not to fuck. It's your body but you know...keep it clean".