Not Gonna Write You A Love Song 📝 (Weekend Extravangza)

I was fascinated with Devanté's habit of playing cool having a full on conversation with me on his lap, but then again this wasn't his first rodeo.

He was laid out on the couch as his metronome of foot swayed talking as if alone.

Should I stay? Should I go?

The right answer would've been to march right out of here, yet I chose to stay and entertain this mess.

"Oh word?" He chuckled into the phone "Yea my bad baby. I've been tied up".

I couldn't believe this, I was hearing it but wasn't believing it. I was seconds away from packing my shit but Devantè's hand immediately touch my inner thigh and I froze.

He could tell I was pissed so he communicated through touch, his touch read CALM DOWN.

His eyebrows fixated on me.

"Yeah I been in the studio. Chronic and Skillz...yeah they with me when aren't they?

Shit they good". The dogs' tails wagged hearing their names but it was making me sick to my stomach. So she was familiar with the pups.

I chewed the inside of my jaw as his started to tighten.

Suddenly the mood changed. She began bantering about his little affairs and how she's constantly last on his list.

I couldn't even be mad.

"Calm all that noise" he sneered "I told you I was working". I could feel my body shaking, he was straight playing his girl about today's activities and I knew I said I'd be okay with it but my feelings got the better of me.

I removed myself from his lap.

Devantè's eyes never left mine as I stood there arms folded. He soon got up snapping his fingers for Chronic and Skillz to follow him to the kitchen.

He began preparing himself a drink.

"Here you go with this bullshit" he sighed pouring liquor into his glass. I bet she knew he was up to no good as usual, but isn't this what she signed up for?

Yet as a woman myself, I guess I'd be bothered too.

I could tell she was heated from his one-sided remarks and nonchalant attitude.

One part of me was embarrassed for her. Then the other part wanted to take that phone and chunked it on the other side of the house.

"Look if you gon be in my ear with all that I'ma hang up this damn phone" he spoke leaning on the counter "It's the shit I gotta do out here. It's for publicity, you wil'n right now ma".

My arms were still crossed, when someone knocked at the door.

Devantè and I immediately locked eyes, with the glass in his hand he pointed to the door.

"Great now I'm a maid" I lowly groaned heading over for the door. It was Chez back with the groceries.

We silently greeted each other as I moved to the side to let him in.

"Unless you paying my bills don't question who at my door" he huffed.

Devantè gave Chez a head nod as he sat three of the paper bags on the counter. Catching on quick who Swing was on the phone with, he made his quick departure but not before rolling his eyes making me snicker a little.

Chez must have been down this road with him plethora of times, all the women he was seeing on the side while dealing with his girlfriend who was still giving him an earful.

I decided to give them some much needed space as I headed up the stairs, I'd put the groceries up later.

His room greeted me with its darkness due to the thick ass curtains, I opened his gigantic drapes pulling down the latch to his balcony.