Not Gonna Write You A Love Song 📝pt. 14

📝

.....Sure enough I got home before De

He was probably sitting back entertaining more broads. My newfound need was drinking, it was to suppose to suppress my emotions.

...Maybe that was the problem, trying to be cold-hearted like his ass. Playing as if shit didn't get to me but had only made things worse. After the group disbanded, I packed my shit and never looked back. I didn't talk to the girls anymore. The only two I'd remain close with were Slink and Krystal, but then Krystal's calls were growing distant by the day.

"You heard from your sister?" Slink asked. "I talked to her a few weeks back" I eye-boggled De's bottle selection. I still hated the taste but it numbed me a little. "I dunno Diameen" he sighed "She ain't sounding too good". I furrowed my brows

"How you mean?"

I grabbed the bottle of Burbon walking into the kitchen cutting on the light. "She just..." he sighed  "She sounds disorderly, like she not functioning properly". I placed the bottle down balancing the phone between shoulder and neck. "I think you need to go home and check on her". I twisted the top loosening it. "If she wasn't feeling good she would've told me" I informed "We don't hold shit like that from one another".

The alarm to the door went off and I knew his ass was on his way into the kitchen. "Okay Slink" I huffed "I have to go but...I'll try and call her tomorrow. If she sounds like you say then I take the first flight out". His footsteps drew closer as my back stayed turned. "Alright. I love you kid" said Slink "Call me if you need anything". I sweetly smiled into the cellular. "I love you too". Hanging up, I placed the phone onto the counter.

"Who was that?" his baritone inquired. I rolled my eyes failing to ignore him. "No one".

Too unfazed and unbothered to realize Devantè had the attitude. I walked over to the cabinet to grab a glass, but not seconds before the door was slammed by his hand catching me off guard. "The fuck is your problem?!" I jumped holding my chest. He glared at me.

"Who the hell you telling you love over the phone?!".

"It was Slink okay...damn" I answered "Why the hell you care?". "Am I not suppose to?" he questioned. I folded my arms. "I dunno. Are you NOT suppose to be fucking your employees?". Devantè rolled his eyes.

"Yeah just like I thought" I tried walking past him but he blocked me. "So when did Stat become your homeboy all of a sudden?". "Since we've worked together ass" I sneered "He seen HIS FRIEND letting HIS BOSS's ARTIST get too comfortable".

"She's 19 Diamond. Barely legal" he sneered "She don't see me like that, she just admires me...are you that fucking jealous of a little hug?" I grew quiet, I hate when he says things like I'm jealous, I was only getting Aries in line. "It's not being jealous" I corrected "It's about setting boundaries, if she starts hugging you, folks will get the wrong idea...". He gave me a death stare but I held my own

"Just...just looking out for the label".

"You wanna talk about boundaries right?" he tightened "Cut the lunch dates you two seem to have during sessions while I'm away". "Wait...how did yo-"."I have my people watching...ALWAYS" he revealed "Had to make sure you weren't playing me".

"So you spying on me now?!" I yelled "That's invasion of privacy!".

"Call it whatever the fuck you want" he jeered "But at least I'm not having lunch with her now am I?". "You know. Maybe you're the one that's jealous" I pointed. "Oh that right?" He shifted his weight crossing his arms amused by my assumption.