Chapter 113: Transcendent

~~~

Naruto had disappeared, traveling at the speed of light. Soon, he appeared at the place where he felt the abundance of chakra that leaked.

A place where sand and water meet.

He narrowed his eyes, having an idea why they had chose a location such as this for their duel. It was clear but was a smart idea.

Easy access of sand for Gaara, and easy access of water for Terumi Mei. Maybe it was a mistake for him to let the opposing forces choose the location of the fight.

He stood on the very border of ocean and land.

Land of Wind - and it's in a place that is at the very end of the border. Naruto mused, walking around silently as he felt the stillness and eeriness continue.

Naruto walked and walked, his eyes eyes narrowing even further.

They hid their signatures completely... have they found their salvation? Naruto looked around, seeing if they were going to make a move.

They didn't.

He had a sneaking suspicion that the recent awakenings of latent talent was due to the hands of Buddha; since only he can create such miracles for mankind.

There had been golden hues that covered the entire planet for a moment in time, giving him more of a reason to have such thought.

All he knew was that they were preparing for the moment to strike, like a snake waiting for its prey to let their guard down, giving the perfect opportunity to strike and kill their prey with ease.

Suddenly, the sand below him erupted, forming a hand that caught his foot, slamming him down with strong force.

A small cloud of sand formed, shifting the area slightly as 5 figures of mighty status appeared, surrounding the dust cloud that covered obstructed their vision.

Their skin crawled - not out of anticipation - with much nervousness, a bead of sweat trailing down their heads, down their necks.

Once the dust cloud had stopped, Naruto was shown on the ground, with a distorted look on his face. But that look was quickly shaken off.

The Naruto that had been on the ground puffed out of existence, showing that it was merely a clone that had been in his place.

"Pretty good," said Naruto, appearing at the same place that he had been thrown to the ground to. They all narrowed their eyes at his actions.

"Where are Kurotsuchi and Akatsuchi?!" Bellowed Onoki, his eyes completely filled with unimaginable rage that boiled from deep within.

Naruto tilted head to the side, smirking.

"Hey... why are you feigning ignorance? You knew where I've been the entire time, so you must also know where they are right now." Naruto moved to the side, dodging a spike of sand that wanted to penetrate his skull.

"In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you brought me here so you had time to rescue the two of them." Naruto continued smirked, getting into a stance.