Chapter 7

Steve's Perspective

Sunday, February 11, 1986. Hawkins Indiana. Sinclair's Household.

Without saying who this person was, Mike instantly runs into their arms. "I thought- We all thought you were dead!" Mike shouts from the persons arms. 

"And here I thought you hated me too much to care," Hopper? The voice was far too familiar. I tried to look around the corner to see if it was actually true. Had Hopper actually returned? "So, what was the problem?" The man finally stepped inside, it was indeed Jim Hopper. He glanced over at me and Eddie. "Lord Jesus," Hopper crouched down beside me. Looking to the now asleep Eddie. 

Was it a good idea to say who did this? Let's run through some scenarios. 

1. Jason gets arrested, but his goons are still out there who would want revenge. 

2. Their rich snobby parents pay their way out of trouble, and they come back for revenge.

3. They all get arrested but get released at some point and come back for revenge. 

None of them end in success. So, it's better to keep quiet. 

"Steve!" Hopper shouts to my, shaking my shoulder. I jump and look over at him. "Who did this? Do you know?" I slowly shake my head. I don't know if I'd be able to verbally lie to him. 

"Sorry, it's been a crazy few days." My voice quivered slightly. I shifted my eyes back to Eddie. Giving his hand a small squeeze. "How long have you been back?" 

"A week or so. It's a little strange being back but now I'm here." He gave me a pat on the back as he stood back up. "I'm going to have a word with the others. Let me know if he has any issues," Once again it was just me and Eddie. 

I reach up and gently trace my hand against their cheek. Looking at the bruises that covered his beautiful- I mean- Face. Bruises covered his face. I couldn't help but just stare at him. Like if i looked away something would happen to him. "I won't leave your side. Your guardian if you will." I softly mutter to him. 

Then I hear footsteps behind me. "Steve..." Of course Robin was the one to hear that. I slowly turned and looked at her. Fear filled me inside. What if word gets out about this? I couldn't take the thoughts that filled my brain. I let go of Eddie's hand and ran out the door. "Steve!" Robin couldn't even run after me. She just watched me run out of the house. I didn't know where I would run to. But I just kept running. 

My legs eventually collapsed from under me. Causing me to fall to the ground. My scream rang into the woods as tears began falling down my cheeks. What was wrong with me? Me and a dude? That isn't right! I love girls! I've always loved girls! "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!" I grip onto my hair as I curl into a ball. And just my luck, it begins to rain. I lay in the dirt that slowly starts turning into mud. I wanted to move, get under some shelter but my body physically couldn't move. 

"Well, if it isn't Steve Harrington crying in the rain? How pathetic." Jason. I instantly feel a kick to the side. His goons grabbing my hair and lifting my head up. "You tell the police about us, you're dead Harrington. I then get a punch to the face. I couldn't even protest. Deep down part of me is telling me I deserve all of this. "There's no one out here to help you now. No cops, no friends. How sad." 

"Hey asshole!" Jason looks up and just gets clubbed with a branch. Knocking him into the mud. "Can't you just fuck off for once!" Robin stood above the both of us. His goons began to back off slightly. 

"The fuck are you guys doing! You can take them!" Jason shouts at them. One of them doesn't even hesitate and starts stepping onto my throat. Causing me to gasp for air and try to push him off. The others try going up to Robin who just swings the branch, knocking down a few of them. Jason slightly gets up, then tackles Robin. Knocking her to the ground. 

"Get the fuck off me bastard!" Robin tries to push him off but to no avail. She continued shouting at him. Jason sat up on Robin and began punching her face continuously. 

My eyes slowly start giving out on me. Eventually everything fades to black.