Chapter 71

Friday, May 2, 1986. Hawkins Indiana. Family Video.

Steve's Perspective.

It's been a few days since the fight. Eddie has been a lot more quiet because of it. "Robin." I turned to her. She was just messing with a pen. Not clicking it but just rolling it on its side.

"Steve," Robin said back in a sarcastic way. She seemed bored out of her mind. We hadn't had a customer in a while shockingly. Normally Friday's are insanely busy.

A sigh left me. "I need your help-"

"-just spit it out already. Jesus Christ." She cut me off. Sitting up straight in her chair.

I blinked a few times. "Okay.. Eddie is acting strange." I fully turned to her. "Like he barely speaks to me now. He has hardly been eating food as well. He acts like I don't notice but I do!"

Robin stood up to get closer to me. "It probably hurts him to eat. That dudes grip sounded deadly. I mean, have you seen the bruise on him?"

Robins probably right. The bruise he has on his neck was dark with blacks and purples. He constantly looks at it in the mirror. His face also has a few dark bruises.

"I don't know how to help him, Rob. Apparently this dude is like 17 as well. I have no clue how he is built the way he is. Robin? Are you even listening?" Robin was frozen, looking out the window. I turned and looked. Of fucking course.

Viktor stood outside after parking his car. Soon enough the jingle of the door went off. I did whatever I could to hide my face. Ducking under the counter and acting like I was looking for something. "Heeeey, welcome. Let me know if you need any help," Robin said, a slight passive aggressive tone behind it.

Viktor ignored her and walked off to one of the shelves. "..rude.." I muttered under my breath. Robin kicked me in the leg. But I knew she agreed.

Viktor soon came back and tossed the tape onto the counter. "I thought there was someone else working here? Tall, brown hair?" Me.

"Erm.. no, I'm pretty sure he just went on break. I don't really pay attention to them," Robin took the tape and began checking it out.

I could hear Victor's foot tapping. "Of course you wouldn't pay attention." He spoke just above a whisper.

"Excuse me? Mind saying that louder?" Robin put the tape down and looked to him.

"I didn't say anything, I don't know what you're talking about." Viktor forcefully took the tape from Robins hands. "God you're slow."

I went to stand up, but Robin pushed me back down. "Sixteen candles huh? I'm sure the school would love to know your taste in movies." Viktor stood there for a second, but then walked out of the door. "Asshole,"

I peeked out from the counter, watching him drive away. "God he is even more of an ass than I thought,"

"You can say that again." Robin sat back down into her chair.