Chapter 11

Monday, February 12, 1986. Hawkins Indiana. Family Video.

Steve's Perspective

Me and Eddie talked about random things on the way to Family Video. Though I could tell he was struggling to get words out. The two of us eventually make it there. I made sure to park in a slightly hidden spot in case someone might recognize my car. "Do you need help getting inside?" Eddie looks at me for a brief second, then gets out of the car. "That wasn't an answer!" I quickly get out of the car to go to the passenger side. 

"Steve, I'm not that hurt. I promise." I look into his eyes. He looks back into mine. "You don't need to worry so much. Save it for the kids. Okay?" Eddie reached out and took my hand, giving it a small squeeze. For some reason, it gave me some reassurance. 

"Fine. But if anything starts hurting, please let me know." He lets go of my hand and nods. "Let's get inside. You need some rest as well." I began walking into the store. Looking back every so often to make sure Eddie was okay. I couldn't help but worry. Part of me felt guilty for this. Him being injured was my fault. If I had just kept everyone calm, Eddie wouldn't be in this pain right now. If i-

"Steve! I thought you would skip work today," Hearing Robins voice instantly snapped me out of my thoughts. I also feel Eddie slightly bump into me. 

"Well, we wanted to rent out movies to watch while camping out at my house. So, I figured why not come into work while I'm at it. Eddie will just be staying in the staff room. I hope you don't mind." I realized I started rambling just like how Robin would about Vickie. 

"Of course I don't mind. It's probably better that he stays with you anyways." Robin holds the door open for the both of us. So, we all walk in. Eddie makes his way over to some horror movies. 

"What? I'll go in the back later. I'm finding good movies for us later," Eddie spoke, grinning slightly as he went back to searching. Me and Robin go back behind the counter to set things up. 

"You two seem to be kicking it off," Robin whispers to me and nudges my shoulder. I feel my face start heating up. 

"You can't just bring that up randomly Rob! I need a warning next time. Get your head out of the clouds. Nothing intense is happening between us," I mutter back to Robin. She in return gives me a stare in disbelief. 

As if it was on cue, Eddie brings back a few random movies. "Friday the 13th, Day of the Dead, and Gremlins. I thought you could relate to the last one," Eddie puts the VHSs onto the counter then began searching for his wallet from his pockets.

"Don't bother." I check out the movies and pay for them myself. "You'll just have to make dinner," Eddie was slightly speechless. 

Robin then muttered to us. "Hurry up lovebirds, people will be here soon. Maybe not. Monday is like our slowest day. So, take as long as you want," Robin walks out from the counter to put away some tapes. 

Eddie and I share a glace. Both of us turning red. "Would it be alright if I just sit behind the counter? Keep you two company." 

"Of course! You can hang out anywhere. I mean, we'll be here a while so hang out wherever," I smile to him. Eddie makes his way behind the counter. He instantly ducked down to look for entertainment. 

As he does that, the door jingles. I look up and my eyes go wide. It couldn't be.

A/N
~~~~~
Sorry for the short chapter! I'll try to make the next one quite longer and add more spice. Have a good day!