Chapter 57

Sunday, April 20, 1986. Hawkins Indiana. Steve's Apartment.

Steve's Perspective. 

I was cooking dinner until I heard the front door open. "Welcome home darling-" I instantly made eye contact with Dustin. "Oh- The kid is over. Welcome," 

I looked over to Eddie, who was laughing. "Ew. Do you two always use those types of names with each other?" Dustin adjusted his hat. 

"You're really talking Dusty-bun?" I think we all remember that moment last summer. It sure was interesting.

"Shut up. Now where's the new cat?" Dustin went off to find her.

Eddie went up to me and held me by the waist. Pressing a few kisses into my neck. "I went and talked to Jason today. I told him to take the fall for the deaths so that Lucas can go back to a normal life." What? I backed away from Eddie slightly. 

"Why? But he didn't do it! We can find something-"

"-He has made my life miserable. He stabbed me a while back. He deserves to be in jail anyways!" Eddie backed up until he hit the wall. His fists were clenched. "Jason has made countless lives miserable." 

Dustin was stood in the doorway, clutching onto Sabbath. "That doesn't make it right. Jason can be killed for this! Do you want yet another one of your classmates to die for nothing?!" I instantly clapped my hand over my mouth. "S-Sorry- I didn't mean to shout-" 

"..So you want Lucas's life to go to waste if we can't find something to pin the deaths on? What then! How the fuck do we explain that some other worldly thing killed high school students!" It looked like Eddie's fingers were turning white from clutching his hand so tightly. 

"Guys! Stop! Please..." Dustin looked horrified. "You guys are tearing each other apart and for what? Neither of you guys are seeing each other from their perspectives." Dustin set Sabbath down. Eddie's hands began to ease up a bit. Color filled them again. 

The three of us sat in silence for a moment. That was until I heard Eddie shout, "Shit!" He rushed over to me and turned the elements down. I turned around to see a fire starting to roar. 

I instantly went to the pantry and grabbed the fire extinguisher. "Eddie, get out of the way!" After Eddie moved, I sprayed the fire with the extinguisher. We managed to get the fire out before the alarm went off. 

We all sat in silence again. I don't think any of us knew what to say. It was such an awkward moment between us all. "Erm.. So, Eddie. Since when were your things here?" The two of us turned to Dustin. 

"Oh right. I moved in the other day. Wayne was sad to see me go, but he was understanding," Eddie explained. His voice was soft. It was nothing like a few moments ago. 

Dustin's face lit up slightly. "You two are like an old married couple!" Before we could respond, Dustin went off to find Sabbath once again. Leaving me and Eddie alone.

"I'm sorry. I should've talked to you about it before saying anything to Jason." Eddie held onto his own arm. 

"Eddie," I went up to him and wrapped my arms around him. "He should be in jail. I won't deny that. But the truth about that thing needs to be known about that thing." Eddie looked up at me. A small smile spread across Eddie's face. 

He pressed a small kiss onto my lips, then quickly hid in my neck. "I can't stay mad at you either."