Chapter 41

Friday, March 29, 1986. Hawkins Indiana. Steve's Apartment.

Steve's Perspective. 

The van was halfassly parked once we arrived. Eddie instantly got out and shouted at me to follow. I appreciate how concerned he is, but he shouldn't worry this much. "Hurry up!" I soon get out of the car, searching my pocket for my keys. 

I eventually find them and unlock the door. Eddie rushed inside to find the closest record player. "What's your favorite song on the album?" He turned back to me. Fuck this was a hard choice.

"Probably... 'You Take My Breath Away,'" Without further hesitation, he put the song on. 

'Ooooh' Echoed through the room. A moment passed, then Eddie looked over to me. "Isn't this the song about him being in love with David?-"

"Shut up," 

"This song makes a lot of sense for you," Eddie seemed to ease up once the music was playing. "You better not get tired of this song because we will be listening to this nonstop." Eddie goes up to me and takes my hands. I change where one of my hands was set and put it onto Eddie's waist. The two of us began dancing in circles. "Look into my eyes and you'll see, I'm the only one you've captured my love, stolen my heart, changed my life." Eddie sings to me. He was a little off key but who am I to judge. 

Our eyes meet, the walls around us spinning. I pull him a little closer. Our hands tightening with each other's. "Somethin- Somethin- And the way you touch, I lose control and shiver deep inside," I stop the dance for a moment and dip Eddie. 

"Favorite song and you don't know all the words?" A grin spreads across his face. 

"Shut up," Once he was back up, I pressed a kiss into his cheek. One of my hands were on his waist, the other tracing his spine. His arms on the other hand were wrapped around my neck. 

"Oh you could do better than that," Eddie's hand moves to my cheek. His thumb gently rubbing it. 

'I could give up all my life for just one kiss.'  Sang on the record. The song felt almost ironic in these moments. Maybe this would be the last time me and Eddie would get to do any of this. 

I feel Eddie's hand move up to the back of my head and pull me down into a kiss. It felt like this moment would never end. Nor did I want it to. I could feel Eddie's hand tighten onto my hair. His rings cold against my scalp. 

Our eyes meet once more as the kiss parts. 'So please don't go. Don't leave me here all by myself. I get ever so lonely from time to time. I will find you.' The record sang once more. Eddie's eyes filled with tears, mine soon followed. Eddie's arms wrap around me as tight as possible. 

"Eddie.. I'm not going anywhere. We will get through this." Eddie didn't move. His hands gripped onto my shirt, sobbing into the front. "Here," I guide him over to the couch and sit down on it. Holsing my arms out for him. Within seconds, he was in it. It only took him a few minutes for him to fall asleep. 

Before I could sleep as well, the phone next to me rang. I quickly picked it up before it would wake Munson. "Yes?" I try to whisper into the phone. 

"STEVE!" Was shouted through the other end. I tried to cover the speaker of the phone. It was obviously Henderson on the other end.

"God. Not so loud. It's late." I Groan and rub my eyes, they felt heavy. 

"Where did you and Eddie go? You two just straight up disappeared." His voice sounded nervous. 

"Awh, Henderson. Are you worried about us?" A chuckle left my lips. Eddie turned and buried hid his face into my chest. "We just didn't really want to be near everyone. Plus, it's late and we were tired. He's staying over at my place for the night just because of recent events." I lean my head back. Eddie's cold rings hit my back as he slid his hands up my back. This resulted in me letting out a small sound out of shock.

"...You better not be doing what I think you're doing..." Now Dustin's voice sounded grossed out. 

"..Go to bed Henderson. We're adults. We can do what we want." Eddie reached up and grabbed the phone out of my hands.

"Son of a bitch! I'm going over-" Before Dustin could finish the sentence, Eddie hung up the phone. 

"We'll have company soon," Eddie sat up slightly and kissed my jaw. 

"I thought you were asleep-" He pushed my shirt up slightly to keep kissing it. 

"Not anymore,"