LIGHT IN THE DARK

Chapter - 52

Highly unedited

"Happy Birthday Mrs

"Happy Birthday Mrs.Kim".

He whispered into her ear.

Like a lightening strike the fact caught in her brain that it is her birthday today. Her head snapped at him with her wide eyes and her palm on her mouth in surprised.

He looked at her and on seeing her expression he too imitated her with his palm on his mouth in a feminine way and widened his eyes. Looking at his action she giggled and pushed away his hand from his mouth.

She do remembered that her birthday was near but with the things going on in home she lost the track of the date on daily basis. She concentrated more on Verena and his mother and days passed so quickly and she was shocked to know that her birthday is finally today.

Then she looked forward around the fireflies. They are so beautiful. All the lights are off around them and the only source of lights is the fireflies. It looked like a fairytale.

But again she found herself flinching away from a firefly when they came near her but where as he boldly extended the palm for a firefly.

From her peripheral vision down there she saw a lightening bubble and she immediately looked down. Slowly one after one all the bubbles glow up and she couldn't help but let her jaw drop in appreciating it. The large veiny hand covered her mouth admiring her face.

"Be careful. You will swallow firefly".

He cracked a joke but she was in no heed to pay attention to his joke after seeing the sight.

The bubble she thought is actually a glass bowl with a lamp/lantern  in it

The bubble she thought is actually a glass bowl with a lamp/lantern  in it. Not so long she realised that the glass bowls are in the swimming pool. They shined brightly with a beautiful reflection reflecting on the glass as it gave an amazing look.

"If you'll see this view from top of the building you will believe that i dumped the starts in the pool. How is it".

"Marvellous".