Chapter 46: Winning battles?

Hiccup

"You alright bud?" I asked Stoick beside me, as I sliced through another one of Dagurs goons.

"This is fun!" He squealed, grinning from ear to ear. I copied him, there's nothing better than hearing my own sons laughter. I never thought I'd hear it, but here he is, laughing, grinning, happy. "Dad!" Stoick shouts and I lunge forward killing yet another Berserker.

I looked over at Astrid who was smiling at me, but still tied to the chair. I had to get to her. So I plunged forward, Stoick's small hand fit in mine like a glove.

One Berserker.

Two Berserker.

Three. They all fell down like dominoes, one after the other. We were winning! The dragons had joined in too now. I looked over at Toothless who gave me a quick Toothless grin before getting his teeth out and setting into battle. There was no way we could lose. That was, until 5 seconds later.

"Everybody stop fighting now! Drop your weapons, stop your dragons! Or I will slice this dagger right through your pretty little Chiefesses neck!" Dagger cried. Then all was still, all was silent apart from a few gasps that erupted from all around, as they set there eyes on something that I still had not reached.

"Mum!" Stoick screeched from beside me, his grin had disappeared and tears were now streaming down his pale cheeks, that had once been pink with joy.

I turned and froze into place, my eyes locking onto those of Astrid. They were wide with terror, and she'd turned as white as a sheep. But what really caught my eye was the silver blade that glistened in the lamplight, it's point digging into Astrids neck. My wife's neck. And there was nothing I could do to save her...

HELLO EVERYONE. I KNOW YOU'RE ALL LIKE 'WHAT?', 'A CLIFFHANGER?' BUT THAT IS BECAUSE I HAVE DECIDED TO PROLONG THIS BOOK PROBABLY UP UNTIL CHAPTER 50!

I REALLY REALLY WANTED TO APOLOGISE FOR NOT UPDATING ENOUGH, AND I WILL TRY TO DO BETTER BUT I'VE GOT REVISION ALL NEXT WEEK AND THEN EXAMS ALL THE WEEK AFTER, BUT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE SOMETIME NEXT WEEK.

THAT MESSAGE IN THE LAST UPDATE WAS A BIG STEP FOR ME, BUT IT'S OUT THERE NOW.

BUT ANYWAY.... HERE IT IS!!!!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!