Chapter 52: Magic always comes with a price...

Hiccup

I gave Merida a confused expression. I had only ever thought that she'd betray me somehow, by leading me into a trap that would force me to marry her or something. But she had surprised me as she glared at the strange witch, eyes narrowed and face scrunched up.

The witch seemed worried somehow, as if she'd just been caught doing something dreadfully wrong yet I couldn't think what.

"Fine!" She snapped, pushing passed Merida with purpose in every stride. "It's not like anyone wants the 'woodcarver' anyway." she grumbled to herself. "-It's always, I want to be strong, make me brave or change my 'fate'." she said mimicking Meridas voice.

However, this seemed to have no affect on Merida whatsoever as she just blatantly rolled her eyes, as we followed the witch outside along with her strange bird.

"What's wrong with the woodcarver anyway?" She began once again on her rant, even though it seemed it was just for herself. Quickly she clicked her fingers together, before heading back to her house again.

I looked to Merida, who grinned at me and just shrugged. I guess that meant that she was in on what the witch was doing too.

"Ok, I know I don't have much of a variety of stock but what do you expect when I'm pretty much only good at carving bears, turning people into bears, and..." I zoned her out as we entered the small cottage once again but this time it had all changed. It was no longer filled with mountains worth of woodcarvings of bears, but the room had turned darker, the lights seeming to have dimmed and a giant cauldron seemed to be sitting on a fire nearby. My eyes widened in awe... Yet with an inkling of fear.

The old witch waddled on over to the cauldron, giving me a wicked grin when she'd stopped her rant in order to breathe. And a part of me kind of knows why now. I mean if you'd been able to see the look on my face at that moment, you'd know too.

Her hands wandered all over the cauldron, Merida beside me seeming to get more and more impatient with every second that passed. As she opened her mouth to speak, the Witch spoke.

"Your wife is dead." It was a statement more than a question. "Your wife, stabbed in the stomach, killing her and leaving you and your young son alone." She still stood tracing the edge of the large couldron filled to the brim with strange liquid. "Your wife's death, not only killing herself but also an unborn child, still developing from within." Her voice sounded grave and all of a sudden distant. The colour drained out of my face instantly. Astrid had been pregnant with our second child? How?

"W-what?" I spluttered, trying to find my words. "But she couldn't be... We didn't... well, we did... but..." I lost my voice as I turned to Merida who was ashen of face too. Her eyes met mine, all solemn and saddened by what we'd just heard, yet I couldn't bring myself to pity her one bit.
"You!" I growled, suddenly all my anger and rage had returned with a vengeance, even worse than it has been back on Berk. I couldn't believe it, not only had she led to the death of my wife, but my unborn son or daughter too?

"I-I'm so sorry Hiccup." Merida almost sobbed, her words unbelieving. Yet the Witch didn't move from her spot, as if concocting a formula for something in her head. I shook my head roughly, forgetting the witch for now, as my anger flooded me causing me to charge like a giant wave crashing against the miniscule grains of sand, towards Merida. My hands were held out and ready to close around that small neck of hers.

"Stop!" The witch had now turned around, scowling at me, a grin appearing on her wicked lips. "They don't call me a witch for nothing."

All my dreaded emotion left me, and I dropped my hands pulling them back to my sides in an attempt to stop the trembling that overtook them. I looked up to the witch, hope beginning to thaw my once frozen heart.

"Y-you can bring her back, you can save her?" I stuttered, disbelievingly.

"Yes, but I'm afraid all magic comes with a price." (A/N ~ To all those Once Upon a Time lovers ;))

"Anything! Anything!" I shouted almost demented as I strode with purpose towards her. My hands, needing something to grab, enclosed around her arms tightly, my nails digging into her arms, yet it didn't seem to phase her.

She sighed wearily, suddenly seeming very reluctant to name the said 'price', "Death you see is a tricky thing," she spoke slowly, making sure that I understood every word she said, as if it was the most important thing I'd ever know. "You can't just expect Death to be so generous as to bring a loved one back no matter how much you love or loved them." She continued on, pausing for a couple of seconds before she finally spoke the last few words which would change everything. "However, it's not impossible as many may think despite it being on the darkest end of the magic scale. But it comes with a catch-a price that must be payed. A bargain shall we say; a life for a life."

OOH GUYS EVEN I'M TREMBLING!! I HAD TO CHANGE IT AROUND A COUPLE OF TIMES BECAUSE THINGS JUST WEREN'T FITTING IN RIGHT... BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK??

TWO GIANT THINGS REVEALED AND IT'S NOT EVEN ENDED YET ;)

HOW MANY MORE CHAPTERS YOU GUYS THINKING?

AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO NOTE DOWN HERE THAT I HAVE INJURED MY HAND YET AGAIN... THIS TIME I BURNED IT IN A 220 DEGREE OVEN WHICH HAS CAUSED A MASSIVE BLISTER SO MY ENTIRE HAND HAS BANDAGED UP :'(! BUT I'M STILL WRITING THIS FOR YOU GUYS BECAUSE I HAD SUCH AN AMAZING IDEA LAST NIGHT SO I'M WRITING IT NOW SO THAT I DON'T FORGET!!

QUESTION: Anyone doing anything exciting soon or lately?

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!