Chapter 23: I saw something...

Hiccup

"this is so cool!" the little boy squealed with delight, as I shifted my footing changing Toothless' tail position.

I chuckled as he squealed again, Toothless spinning around once before swooping down to sea level.

I had thought that bringing him further down would cause more ecstatic squeals of delight and excitement. I was not expecting-

"ahhhhh! Mummy! Daddy!" he turned around gripping me around the waist, tears streamed down his cheeks. "p-please, p-please..." he sobbed, struggling to speak through his tears drowning his reddened face.

All I managed to do was rub his back. I hadn't had much experience with this. Especially seeing as I'd never had chance to be a father. Was I doing it wrong?

Sometimes I imagined myself as my father. I had never had much of a loving experience at him. I was more like a dissapointment, always trying to prove myself worthy of his love and support. But everything I did seemed to mess things up further.

That is until I met Toothless. But then even Toothless wouldn't know what to do now.

"M-mummy... d-daddy... please..." he mumbled into my shirt as I shifted my pegged leg again taking us back into the sky and away from the sea of which had upset Matthew.

"hey, hey it's alright. Don't cry. I'm here... and always will be." I whispered into his ear. But I knew that there was no way I could replace his real father.

That is until I saw something...

Astrid

Stormfly squawked happily as I scratched her favourite spot, on the neck.

"you like that don't you girl?" I said as she squawked again in agreement. Chuckling lightly I continued to scratch her. It had been so long since I had spent much time with Stormfly, but I guess things have... changed.

Yeah changed, a good change I think.

"Astrid! Astrid!" my thoughts are halted by Snotlout shouting my name, jogging towards me and Stormfly. I give Stormfly a small smile turning around to see Snotlout, out of breath standing before me. "h-hold on..." he says, his hands on his legs.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest.

"well?" I tapped my foot heavily against the ground to show my impatience.

"wait a moment, l-let me, l-let me-"

"spit it out!" I exclaimed at him, he was ruining my quality time with Stormfly and I didn't like it one bit.

"the twins are missing." he finally told me. I just rolled my eyes again, turning back to Stormfly.

"so? They always do, they'll probably be in their wet soggy alone place again." I shrugged.

"that's the thing, they're not." I sighed heavily, reluctantly turning to face him again.

"and your point is?"

"they're missing!"

"weve already been over this Snotlout, they're the twins. How is it unusual that they'd go missing?"

"we can't find them anywhere, they were on patrol in the woods." I groaned heavily, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"ok, let's go." I agreed knowing that I was going to regret it later.

HEY GUYS! TERRIBLE, I KNOW BUT I THOUGHT THAT I BETTER UPDATE! THIS STORY IS KIND OF BORING AT THE MOMENT, ISN'T IT?

PLEASE COMMENT YOUR FEEDBACK SO I CAN GET YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE. ALSO ANY IDEAS ON WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN.

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!