Chapter 13: Wreckage

Astreen

"urgh..." I groan holding my pounding head. The sunlight beat heavily down onto the grainy substance beneath my skin, burning me as if I was in an open fire.

I struggle to move my arms and legs as I remember the terrors of last night. I felt a sticky liquid crawling down my head, it felt like blood. And as my eyes finally succumbed to their senses, u realised that it was in fact what I had suspected, blood, my blood. It looked like I'd hit my head pretty hard on something, but I had no time to think about what instead another thought popped into my mind, as my eyes searched the seemingly secluded beach.

"Matthew!" I yell, as I try to steady myself onto my aching feet as they try to hold me down, my weight unable to be taken upon them. As I listened carefully, all I heard was the sound of distant gulls crowing. I then cried again, "Tiran!" I shrieked for my love. I noticed that my voice was croaked and my throat was dry and saw due to the mountains of salt water that I had apparently swallowed on my journey here. But I daren't give up. "please answer me, Tiran!" I wait, "Matthew!" I then fall back onto my limp knees, as a single tear slides down my sanded and chafed cheeks due to the burning sand.

I then heard the distant sound of spluttering and coughing, as if someone was trying to choke up a mouthful of unearthly sea water. Although I was so deathly thirsy I had seen and drank another water for a lifetime.

"A-astreen..." I heard the distant, but familiarly manly voice, splutter.

"Tiran!" I let out a shocked but happy gasp at seeing the sight of him lying there on the burning sand, but he was alive that's all that matters. I started brushing the wet sand off of his face where I smashed my lips against his. He wiped the happy tears from my eyes, as he gave me his signature smile of which he would only save for me.

"w-where's Matthew?" he croaked, his voice sounded worse than mine, but that was the least of our worries.

"what?" I say, my eyes widening. "h-he's not with you? oh no..." I say searching the surrounding sand, maybe he got buried underneath but with the hardness of the sand and how it burnt my skin at every touch it seemed impossible. It was all my fault, I was the one holding him, protecting him, it was my fault that he was gone, maybe dead somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. I mustn't think like that! I rage in my doubtful mind.

I felt my husbands soft touch against my burning skin as his eyes hypnotised me, sending me under some trance.

"we'll find him" he says sternly, I nod with no hesitation, my eyes not shifting once from his overbearing gaze.

HELLO EVERYBODY! I HOPE THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS OK! I'M SORRY THAT I'VE ONLY BEEN DOING ONE POV PER CHAPTER, BUT I PROMISE THE NEXT ONE WILL BE TWO OR MAYBE THREE POVS!

I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED IT!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!