Chapter 60: A ghost

I JUST REALISED THAT I NEVER SHOWED YOU A PICTURE OF THE GERBILS SO THERE YOU GO :D YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE THEM BUT THAT'S THEM ALL SNUGGLED TOGETHER <3

Hiccup

"What are you doing here?" The voice repeated, pulling on my arms once more until I let out a breathless squeak of surprise. Over to my left Toothless tilted his head at me confusedly, as though not sure what to do.

I groaned inwardly, why isn't he helping? And in my desperate time of need! Finally facing the facts and giving up, I allowed my body to relax and my head to be cushioned against the wet mud and soggy leaves beneath me.

"Help." I breathed the word, a gasp between pained lips as the attacker finally loosened its grip. Until eventually my arms were free and a startled gasp sounded behind me.

"A-am I dreaming...?" The voice uttered, sounding close to tears. That voice... that voice...

My eyes snapped open instantly, Toothless still looking on with a confused expression. Finding a new inner strength I scrambled up onto burning aching limbs, stumbling slightly as I did so. I whisked around to face someone I thought I'd never see again.

"A-am I dead? Hiccup?" Tears were swimming in those deep blue pools, and I'm sure my face had turned ashen not sure or believing of what I was seeing. Was my once dead wife really standing in front of me?

Here, Odin knows where, a pale frightened familiar face greeted me. Deep blue eyes swimming with unshed tears. Standing in the clothes of which she'd died in. Died.

After... that I just didn't have the heart to change her clothing into one of those white virginal dresses like she had when she'd "died" before. And knowing how much she had hated it, I couldn't disrespect her wishes again.

Her golden blonde hair fell down around her shoulders, unbraided and shimmering in the light. Her hair still looked perfect, as I'd insisted that it be brushed for her every day, so that it was always perfect. I'd never given up hope. Just like I'd always promised her.

She still seemed so weak... like she'd been brought back from the dead. Like a ghost. Gods!

Without a thought I rushed forward, enveloping her into a hug. She's here. She's really here! I squeezed her tighter, blanketing her still cold body in my body's heat, my body molding instantly to her own.

"It's me baby," Tears were sliding down my own face, dampening her sweet smelling golden locks of hair. "I-I thought I lost you." Sniffing I pulled her ever closer.

But instead of those arms cuddling me back, I felt them against my chest pushing me away. Stumbling back, I noticed the tears still lingering in those eyes.

"How could I forget you Hiccup?" She sniffed, a tear sliding down those pale white cheeks. "How didn't I recognise you? What's happening to me?" With that I pulled her back against me.

"I thought I lost you Astrid, I thought-" words were lost as I broke down into heart wrenching sobs.

(A/N - Intense scene coming up which may be unsuitable for some readers, if you would likw to skip it go to the point woth * symbol) Finally, I felt those arms wrap around me, snuggling closer to me. Her lips whispered over my own before planting themselves firmly down on them. As unexpected as it was, it took me a while to realise what was happening, but when I did I didn't stop for a moment. One hand set at the back of her head, the other to her cheek to steady and guide the kiss, I plunged in putting everything I had into a kiss I thought I'd never get to do again.

My tongue swept over her lips, salty from the tears which only seemed to make her taste even better and drove me forward. Her mouth opened on a moan, and I didn't stop for a moment. My tongue plunged into her mouth, dancing along her own, sucking on it until she moaned once again. But to my surprise once again, instead of pulling me towards her, breathlessly she pushed me away with a small giggle.

*

"Wow," she giggled that pretty little giggle I'd come to love, "someone's happy to see me."

"Happy doesn't cut it my love," I swooped in for another kiss but she coughed loudly as if trying to get my attention. "Yes?" My breath whispered out over her swollen red lips, ripe from the violent kissing, already starved for another taste of her.

"It appears we have an audience." She whispered back, with a raised eyebrow and a small smile.

"Oh, oh!" I coughed myself, jumping back and turning towards a curious looking Toothless who was watching me a bit too intently. "Oh, er, Toothless," I coughed again, "Bud, er, forgot you were there." I blushed, scratching the back of my neck to ease the awkwardness.

Toothless purred back in acknowledgement. I smiled, blushing even harder. But that wasn't the only thing...

"Erm, Hiccup?" A new voice entered the woods. It wasn't Astrid.

Startled, I spun around to see the gang watching me with wide eyes. My mum wasn't there I noticed though.

Without a moments notice I felt a burning on my cheek. Ruff slapped me!

"Wha-?" I begun only to get slapped again.

"How could you?!" Ruff went to slap me again but I dodged her oncoming hand.

"How could I what?" I said, noticing that my voice took on a stage quivering. Not that I was scared or anything.

"You know! How could you cheat on Astrid!" She stormed, following me as I backed away from her.

"What?" I asked, really confused about what was going on.

"You-"

"What was that about Hiccup cheating on me?" Astrid suddenly asked, striding towards me.

Right then everyone decided to charge forward screaming "Astrid!" With surprised but happy voices, they all ran over, engulfing her in a giant group hug, which I ended up joining though the pain in my cheek still throbbed. I'm sure that was going to leave a mark.

"Oh guys!" Astrid sobbed, clinging tightly onto everyone.

"Astrid, are you alright?" Snotlout asked, strangely worried.

"Yes, yes it's just - just..." After a moment Astrid leapt back from everyone her hands flying towards her flat stomach.

"No, no, no..." she sobbed. Instantly, I reached for her, her knees giving way underneath her as she fell to the ground. "The baby..."

LONG TIME NO SEE! SORRY! I'M DOING MY LAST SET OF MOCKS AT THE MOMENT SO I DECIDED TO TAKE A WELL EARNED BREAK FROM THE REVISING AND EVERYTHING.

SO FAR I'VE GOT 6 MORE EXAMS TO DO FOR MY MOCKS. THEN MY GCSE'S START IN 6 WEEKS! 6 WEEKS!

BUT LUCKILY I GET 2 WEEKS OFF AFTER MY MOCKS SO I'LL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO UPDATE THIS STORY MORE OFTEN!

I'LL UPDATE AGAIN ON THURSDAY (EXAMS FINISH ON WEDNESDAY!)

LOVE YOU GUYS ♡

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx