Chapter 10: Bucket

Hiccup

I grip onto Astrids hand tightly, stroking her index finger with mine gently. I look at her blank expression as if she was deep in thought.

I give her hand a tight, but gentle, squeeze. She turns her head to meet my gaze breaking her out of her thoughts. I stroke her cheek gently, stopping for a moment. I take both of her hands in mine as I gaze into her sore, red, ocean blue eyes.

"we don't have to go down there..." I nudge my head towards the overfilled docks, filled with crowds of villagers.

"yes we do.."

"no we don't, we can wait another day or-"

"no Hiccup" she cuts me off, "cause that day will turn into a week, a month, another year, and I can't do this any longer..." a tear slips down her sore, red cheeks. I wipe it away, stroking her cheek gently. Her head tilts nudging my hand.

"Astrid, if it's too soon it's fine, look I know in my heart of hearts that he is out there somewhere," I move my hand, pointing towards the calm ocean. "and I will never stop hoping, or dreaming of having him back here with us... If you don't want to let go yet it's fine-"

"I'm ready..." she replies.

"Astrid-" but I am cut off by.

"Chief... Hiccup... Chief... Hiccup!" I groan, releasing Astrid from me and turning my attention to whoever was calling me.

"Mulch" I cross my arms across my chest. "what is it?"

"it's Bucket sir," I look over to Bucket who is wriggling around uncomfortably gripping his bucket, helmet. "his buckets tightening up on 'im, and we all now what that means-"

"a storm" I cut him off.

"no, no storm everything's fine..." Bucket buts in admist the pain of trying to get his bucket off of his head.

"Bucket..." Mulch says, turning his attention back to Bucket.

"I don't want there to be a storm, if lightening hits my bucket I could end up less intelligent, owww!" he howls in another attempt to get his bucket off, scratching his own skin in frustration.

"that's one tight bucket!" Mulch says tapping Buckets, bucket. "and the tighter the bucket, the bigger the storm!"

"Ok, Mulch, get Bucket up to the great hall and get him seen too by Gothi!"

"right ho!" he says saluting, before running off with the wheelbarrow in the direction of the great hall.

"now Astrid, I want you to round up the villagers, tell them about the storm and get them all up to the great hall!" I say, turning my attention back to her stunned face. "we'll continue this discussion later..." I say giving her one last tight squeeze. She gives me a weak smile and a small nod.

"ok, what are you going to do?" she asks suspiciously.

"I need to round up all of the animals, we don't want to starve to death!"

"ok... but Hiccup?"

"yes?"

"be safe!

"when am I not safe?" she glares at me giving me the 'really' look. "er d-don't answer that!" I shout gliding off on Toothless. I then zoom off in the direction of Buckets and Mulches farm.

OK THAT'S THE LAST CHAPTER OF TODAY FOR THIS BOOK! NEXT ONES TOMORROW! SEE YOU THEN!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!