Chapter 40: Searching for Stoick

Hiccup

Ignoring everything and everyone around me, I tore through the bemused people who I am now supposed to refer to as family, with only one mission on my mind. And this time, I know that I won't come up empty handed - I need to find Stoick. I won't give up, not this time. I charged through the now open door that Stoick had just bolted through, a few dire moments ago. Partly, I believed it was my fault. I could have stopped him. Stopped Astrid even. His fear stricken expression imbedded rather heavily into my mind.

My arms pumped by my side, my legs surging forward. But then halting suddenly as I ended up in the town centre, next to one of the many dragon feeding stations on the island. I stilled, panting heavily, leaning against the side of the station, my eyes darting around the centre of the village, only a few villagers visible that I could see, completely oblivious to what had been going on over at the chiefs - my house. Raking a frustrated hand through my hair, I vaguely just noticed Toothless by my side, a worried expression covering his face. I sighed, giving him a reassuring scratch behind the ear.

"We'll find him bud. We'll find him."

Astrid

A strong feeling tore at my heart, as if something was gripping on it, tightening it's hold on it ever so slightly. A breathy gasp escaped my lips. What had just happened? My mind was struggling to get to grips with the situation. My son is back, but now he's gone again. A fresh tear slid down my cheek as I let it slide down, dripping off of my chin and landing on the floor.

I felt the slight breeze of Hiccup as he bolted passed me, running out of the door and probably after our son. My mind flew straight back into focus, my hand quickly swiping the sign of weakness on my cheek away, what's wrong with me? I turned to my mother, father, and Snotlout who were still standing there - Confused, shocked, and sympathetic all at the same time. I sniffed back the rest of my tears, swallowing hard as they continued to stare at me, waiting for my next move no doubt. After already trying to get to grips with actually having a mum and dad, alive, of whom I had believed dead for so many years, then to realise that they had been fostering my child. Could they have kidnapped him?

If they had, then they obviously had no idea who the mother was. Yes, my parents may be brutal, but all that changes with me. I am their daughter after all. Obviously Hiccup didn't appear as such a liking to the two, as if he left a bad taste or aroma wherever eh went. But they don't know Hiccup like I do. He's sweet, kind, loving, romantic, brave, clever - everything that makes up what I love about him. And he's mine. A smile graced my lips at the thought, but it quickly disappeared, finally realising where Hiccup now was.

I groaned, hitting my head thoroughly with my fist, in the hope of knocking some sense in. Great, two missing people. How apt. Hiccup had a thing about rushing into things without me, dangerous or not.

"Er, Astrid, a-are you OK?" Snotlout asked me warily, taking a cautious step forward as he did so.

"Just dandy!" I exclaimed sarcastically, my good nature rushing back to me. I could finally feel pieces of me clicking together like a jigsaw, becoming almost the same person again. I quickly shot Snotlout a glare for even thinking to ask me that incredibly stupid question. Let's think about this rationally - I'd lost my son, my parents, then found that they were all alive, living and breathing, not to mention the fact that I had now lost my son again, along with my over ambitious husband, and Chief, who had intended on going after him without me. Care to see my point?

"Oh." He said, taking a jumpy step back to avoid my wrath, that he had grew very accustomed to.

I rolled my eyes at his squittish behaviour, heading for the door and whistling for Stormfly. "Just come on." I called over my shoulder, as Stormfly landed heavily in front of me. Snotlout ran towards a reluctant Hookfang who had been harassing the chickens for a good long while. I hopped onto Stormfly, then turning to my mum who wore a horrified expression. "Hop on!" I nudged my head in the direction of Stormflys back.

"No way!" She yelped, her eyes widening. I almost expected it, well this was going to take a while...

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR WAITING ON THIS CHAPTER, MY PARENTS HAVE BEEN DRILLING ON ME ABOUT DOING MORE REVISION AS I'VE NOW ONLY GOT ONE MORE WEEK TO REVISE. THE CONSTANT LECTURING FROM MY DAD ESPECIALLY IS TRULY NOT HELPING, SO TO KEEP THEM AT BAY I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH A VERY STRESSFUL WEEK.

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I CAN, POSSIBLY SOMETIME DURING THE WEEK IF I CAN OR MAYBE THE WEEKEND. I WON'T FORGET!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW!