Chapter 16: connected

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE 2 DAYS BUT I HAD TESTS AND A RESIT TODAY AND THEY'RE STILL NOT FINISHED! GOT AN ENGLISH EXAM TOMORROW AND PARENTS EVENING SO THERE WILL PROBABLY BE NO UPDATES TOMORROW AND THEN A COOKING EXAM ON FRIDAY AND A HISTORY EXAM ON MONDAY... OMG I'M SO TIRED BUT I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS GOOD AS I CAN!

Tiran

"where could he be?" my wife said for the umpteenth time now as we trailed through the never ending and gloomy forest. Trees loomed over us in irregular positions. My eyes scanning the forest for any sign of him as my wife continued. "I hope that he's alright, I mean of course he's alright, he's Matthew. But what if something really bad happened? what if he's still in the ocean? what if-" I just had to cut her constant rambling off. Astreen had never been away from Matthew for this long and she didn't like it one bit. Neither did I, especially when all these worst case scenario's randomly popped into her head. She had never been like this ever since we found him floating around in the ocean on that truly memorable day. She had never had to worry over him but now she just couldn't help herself.

I spun on my heel to face her. Gripping her shoulders for support. "we'll find him Ast, we'll find him" I reassured her. Without another word she nodded as we continued to search for our son.

Hiccup

"what's the matter?" I asked Astrid, whilst rubbing her back trying to relieve the stress. She had been like this ever since Matthew had arrived, back hunched over on the chair by the fire. She hadn't spoken a word to me just staring at the fire, like she was lost in thought. Occasionally shr would murmur something or she would say something unexpectedly which sounded more like a groan or as if she was in pain. And just the same, she didn't move the only sign of her actually bring alive was her chest heaving up and down and her eyes blinking.

"please speak to me!" I begged her. She let out a small grunt as I heard the sound of a door creaking open. And to my surprise Astrid sprung to her feet like a Jack in the box. My shocked expression still didn't leave my face as she actually spoke after what seemed like hours.

"is he ok?" she asked Gobber, biting her lip in worry. I had always found this sort of thing quite sexy, but right now I was kind of angry. I had been urging her to speak for hours now to no prevail but yet she'll speak to Gobber. I was steaming but tried not to show it.

"yes, jus' swallowed a bit too much sea water is all" Gobber explained. Astrid breathed a heavy sigh of relief before replying.

"thank you Gobber"

he gave one last nod before leaving me with my wife.

"what was that all about?" I asked trying not to sound as angry as I felt.

"what?"

"that! what's wrong?  You wouldn't speak to me, yet you'll speak to Gobber!" she turned to face me, her eyes finding mine.

"I'm sorry" she said. I wasn't expecting that but as I saw the tears welling up all my anger disintegrated as I pulled her in for a hug.

After a while she pulled away again, her eyes not leaving mine. "what's wrong?"

"it's just, ever since Matthew arrived I feel weird, protective as if I'm connected to him" she began.

"it's ok Astrid, and I understand but I'm afraid we can't do anything about this" I gestured to her, "until he wakes up."

"you're right" she agreed before meeting my lips for a small kiss. But things wondered in my mind too about that strange boy, but I pushed them away. It was impossible.

SO HOW WAS IT? GOOD?

BAD?

SORRY IF IT WASN'T AS EXPECTED AS I MENTIONED AT THE TOP I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY AND STRESSED WITH SCHOOL AND ALL. UNFORTUANATELY NO UPDATES TOMORROW AS I'VE GOT PARENTS EVENING SO ALL THE TEACHERS CAN CRITICISE ME IN FRONT OF MY PARENTS. YIPPEE! *NOTE SARCASM*

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!