Chapter 58: I finally see

Merida

"Right, we're going to have to do it again Red, alright?" I felt myself nod weakly, a small whimper escaping my lips but I don't think she could even hear it as she cut patterns into my arm once again, collecting the drops if blood in a wooden bowl. I watched with strained weary eyes as my life literally ran down my arm in torrents right in front of my very eyes.

The pain was almost abhorrent to me, I was so weak now that the pain had become almost a blur. A mere figment of my imagination if I could even call it that.

"Done." She muttered, as calm as ever. My eyes reached up to meet hers but I could easily see the cracks in her expression, the fear she really felt for me. Something I'd once thought no one could ever feel for me.

She put her hand to my head, then quickly reached for a piece of cloth dipped in water from the nearby lake. "You're burning up." She explained as she dabbbed it lightly on my forehead.

I was sure it had only been a couple of hours since this ritual had started, yet it still felt like days - my body wanting to give up. But I just knew I couldn't, not yet.

I had to do this. For Hiccup.

It sounds weird doesn't it? Me wanting to stay alive for Hiccup, when all he probably wanted was me dead.

I could just imagine him when he finally woke up from the drugs in his food; his anguish, his fear, his hatred. Yet he would never know the truth. Not when he woke up, not when he finally found me.

He would probably even think that I was just a stupid, hapless girl who had killed myself for him. But I guess I a way I had. Yet not in the way he was thinking.

But then I didn't deserve any compassion for doing this from Hiccup. From anyone. I had caused it, it was my fault. I didn't deserve anything. Not even my own life.

The witch was muttering incoherently now; probably cursing me for being so stupid. I could hardly care though. This was probably the only thing that I found wasn't stupid in my life - finally I was doing something right.

"T-thank you." I managed, squinting through watery eyes.

Her eyes met mine again and her eyes softened. I even thought a tear escaped her eyes, but she quickly wiped it away as if it was never there. I'd never seen her cry. I wandered absently if anyone actually ever had.

"I would do anything for you, child, you should know that by now." She gave me a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

I wanted to say something, but I felt so weak now that all that came out of my mouth was a groan. She shushed me quickly, rearranging the cushions behind my head.

How hadn't I realised how kind she was? She'd put me on her bed, a bunch of feathery cushions pushing me up into an almost sitting position on the bed. My weight smothered by her soft cuddly bed.

She removed a cushion slowly, adjusting me to lying down.

"Rest now," she said softly, moving towards the door, "I'll wake you up when it's time-" she stopped to swallow a lump in her throat "-again."
Again I thought I saw a few tears dribbling down her face but sleep swept me away before I could say anything.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT :( AND I FEEL REALLY BAD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS SINCE CHRISTMAS I THINK?

ANYWAY I'M 16 NOW :D SO WOOHOO! I GOT A LOAD OF BOOKS :D WHICH I'VE ALREADY READ HEHE BUT I DON'T REALLY MIND. SOME DISNEY INFINITY FIGURES, CHOCOLATE, NECKLACE, MAKEUP AND 16 THINGS FROM ONE OF MY FRIENDS! IT WAS AWESOME :D AND BY FAR MY BEST BIRTHDAY!

AND I GOT EXAM RESULTS BACK AND I GOT...

ENGLISH LANGUAGE - C
ENGLISH LITERATURE - B
MATHS - C
SCIENCE - A (WHICH I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY ABOUT!)
GEOGRAPHY - A
HISTORY - B
RE - B
HOSPITAL AND CATERING - B

SO I'M REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THAT! I GOT THE BEST OUT OF EVERYONE IN GEOGRAPHY, BUT I'M MORE HAPPY ABOUT SCIENCE BECAUSE I WANT TO BE A VET SO IT FILLS ME WITH CONFIDENCE THAT I CAN ACTUALLY DO THIS HEHE

SO ANYWAY WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTEAND FOLLOW!

YOUR AUTHOR,

~ Toothlessfollower14 aka Chloe xx